Windshield Light Brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Windshield Light Brackets

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
CHAYES911
2009 WK 

Windshield Light Brackets

Hey fellow JEEPers! I just bought some windshield light brackets and wanted to know the best way to run the lights with the least amount of exposed wires. Any ideas or photos would be great guys. Thanks.

CHAYES911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
bward623

i came down about 2 inches and over about 4 inches and drilled a hole throught the sheet metal, i pulled all of my wires through the holes and then wrapped them in wire covers. It looks pretty good since they both look about the same.
bward623 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

I loosened the trim cover on the base of the windshield and fed the wires up behind it and re-tightened it (JK) worked fine no drilling and minimal pinching on the wire loom .I`m using Light Force lamps , they put a bit of glare on the hood but not to bad and are very bright . They are also made of carbon fibre so no rusting and as far as being tough they shoot them with #7 1/2 out of a 12ga. !
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Not my Jeep, but this is the best I've seen. It's from this thread.

Unread 12-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
CHAYES911
2009 WK 

Wow that loks really good. I juust finished and what i ended up doing was cutting a little peice of the corner off. Thanks for the help and ideas guys. I wish i had seen this picture first though!
CHAYES911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
general
1991 YJ Wrangler 

GEDC0165.jpg picture by curtisgurnett - Photobucket
I liked the idea of not having to drill holes anywhere so as you can see in the picture I just ran them through the slot in the door.
general is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Checout for clearance, then drill a hole on each side for the grommett (probably came with your lights) then the install looks good, don't stuff them in a crack then it looks "temporary"

Don't have any close pics but willydiggers pic is close

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.