Window Tint for Soft Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Window Tint for Soft Top

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
JeepWrangler05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Window Tint for Soft Top

I've got a soft top and want tinted windows. I know that they sell kits that provide you with tinted rear windows, but none of them that I've seen come with tinted front windows. Does anybody know of a kit that includes tinted front windows, or where/how I can get it done? Thanks!

Unread 07-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWrangler05 View Post
I've got a soft top and want tinted windows. I know that they sell kits that provide you with tinted rear windows, but none of them that I've seen come with tinted front windows. Does anybody know of a kit that includes tinted front windows, or where/how I can get it done? Thanks!
It's illegal in the US to have tints ahead of the B pillar I believe. People do it (I did on my Durango front doors), but MFGs can't sell it.
Unread 07-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
mylt1

not illegal. its that most states have different % that can be used. Va for instance is no darker than 50% but if you buy 50% tint you will actually be illegal because of the factory tint on the front glass. if you notice, no front window is 100% clear.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
JeepWrangler05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here in SA, TX, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that you can have about 31% on the front four windows, and on the rear you can go as dark as you want.
Unread 06-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
BoomBoom
2010 JK Wrangler 

anyone know the CT law ?
BoomBoom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
norcal_xb
2005 TJ Wrangler 

call any window tint shop in your state and they will know the %. mylt1 is 100% right in that each state has different laws on the shade or % if you will. if your tint shops cant help you check with these guys bekaert.com they are a supplier but should be able to help you.
norcal_xb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.