winch...smittybilt xrc8 vs. Rugged Ridge - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > winch...smittybilt xrc8 vs. Rugged Ridge

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 05-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #16
Slacker1201
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcurlee View Post
I saw a recent winch shoot-out and was very surprised to see the Harbor Freight winch end up to be one of three winches to make it to the end of the test (standing beside Warn and Superwinch).

http://www.moabjeeper.com/articles/g...?articleID=353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker1201 View Post
I'm going to be ordering mine!
I might need to visit Harbor Freight first!

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
Muddybrit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've had an M8000 up front for a few years now. Used it last weekend to pull a civic from some sand. Before that it probably hasn't been used in over a year. Sits up front in all weathers and driving conditions and is there working when occasionally needed. A real winch test is how it performs over time, which the Warn does well.
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #18
TJDaveC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've got the xrc8 and don't have any complaints with it. Buried my jeep up to the headlights with the winch under water and it still pulled me out.

PM ME!
TJDaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #19
BadJeep2006
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveC View Post
I've got the xrc8 and don't have any complaints with it. Buried my jeep up to the headlights with the winch under water and it still pulled me out.
I also loved that winch. For the money it was great. I have had two of them and they both worked great. Had the price of a Warn not come down a lot, I have no doubt I would buy another XRC8.
BadJeep Build: D60 front W/ARB and 5.38 gears, Sterling 10.5 rear W/ARB and 5.38, 3 Link front, 4 link rear, 14" ORI Struts, Atlas II transfer case, A to Z Fab full cage, Genright fenders, A to Z Fab front bumper, and Warn M8000 winch. Thinking stroker in the future.
BadJeep2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #20
DWBLUVSAEC
2000 TJ Wrangler 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=220773000386

I know it's no Warn or Smittybuilt but this past Christmas I went to South Carolina and saw it on sale about $80 cheaper then the one in the link. I took a risk and bought it anyways 500 miles it set in the back seat not knowing if I would like it or not and I have to admit it truly surprised me, it's over kill for my jeep I know but one thing Ive learned from this forum is its better to have to much then not enough. My only complaint is it's kinda slow, but it proved it was well worth the money when I went to Black Mtn the first time lol. Sorry for the ramble.
DWBLUVSAEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #21
cubalz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

In the latest shootout in Four Wheeler magazine, Warn failed the stall test (shredded the internals) just like many of the less expensive brands. Engo was one of two that actually endured the extreme torture test. I am thinking that Warn has changed production materials to meet the new lower price points. They certainly aren't going to lower their margins to help consumers....
2003 Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 GY Duratracs, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" BL, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin ATS Rear Bumper, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, Skid Row Engine, LCA and Gas Tank Skid Plates, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adj Arms
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #22
RockyMnt1

The winch just arrived. Looks to be in one piece and it is not a boat anchor or a pile of rocks.
RockyMnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.