Winch mount is now truly portable... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Winch mount is now truly portable...

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
hammerz71
2002 WJ 

Winch mount is now truly portable...

Got my quick connects today, cut the stock 6' cable and made my setup truly portable.

I picked up some quick connects from a local welding supply shop, they are not your traditional type, but they are twist together and water proof when joined, a little bulky, but were only $9.95 a set.

Photo don't show it, but when not in use they tuck quite well between the plastic grill slots and the receiver hitch...

CURRENTLY REBUILDING THE 4.7 HO ENGINE
hammerz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Hey good luck with that !!
prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

What winching capacity does your winch have, and how much is your front receiver hitch rated for? I'd be very surprised if your front receiver hitch is rated for even half of what your winch's capacity is.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
hammerz71
2002 WJ 

The winch is my old M8000 off my truck, it's 8k. When I contacted Warn about fitment on my '02 Overland, this was part of their response:

"Just like everything else Warn produces, our hitches are designed for extreme use. The Warn front mount 2" receiver hitch is rated to be used with up to a 9,500lbs winch on your particular application"

But that's ok, cause when it won't do, I'll just go get this:

and if that don't work, I'll go get this:

Which I have done before, LOL...

Actually, I picked up the XD9000i for the truck for next to nothing from a buddy who was selling his truck. The old M8000 was worth more to keep as a spare than what I could get for it and rather than just throw it in storage, I figured I'm make use of it on the Jeep. I do use the Jeep camping and even if I take it to my farm property just to fish, I have to cross two plowed fields to get to the pond which is also sitting in a low spot that is almost always wet...

CURRENTLY REBUILDING THE 4.7 HO ENGINE

Last edited by hammerz71; 05-21-2010 at 07:18 AM..
hammerz71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.