Winch mount is now truly portable... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-20-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
hammerz71
2002 WJ 

Winch mount is now truly portable...

Got my quick connects today, cut the stock 6' cable and made my setup truly portable.

I picked up some quick connects from a local welding supply shop, they are not your traditional type, but they are twist together and water proof when joined, a little bulky, but were only $9.95 a set.

Photo don't show it, but when not in use they tuck quite well between the plastic grill slots and the receiver hitch...

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Old Man Emu HD coils, 265/65/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Warn M8000, home made light bar, Cepek 130 watt lights, Hella 500s

CURRENTLY REBUILDING THE 4.7 HO ENGINE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Hey good luck with that !!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

What winching capacity does your winch have, and how much is your front receiver hitch rated for? I'd be very surprised if your front receiver hitch is rated for even half of what your winch's capacity is.

Getting Savvy...

When you have a choice, buy American.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-20-2010, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
hammerz71
2002 WJ 

The winch is my old M8000 off my truck, it's 8k. When I contacted Warn about fitment on my '02 Overland, this was part of their response:

"Just like everything else Warn produces, our hitches are designed for extreme use. The Warn front mount 2" receiver hitch is rated to be used with up to a 9,500lbs winch on your particular application"

But that's ok, cause when it won't do, I'll just go get this:

and if that don't work, I'll go get this:

Which I have done before, LOL...

Actually, I picked up the XD9000i for the truck for next to nothing from a buddy who was selling his truck. The old M8000 was worth more to keep as a spare than what I could get for it and rather than just throw it in storage, I figured I'm make use of it on the Jeep. I do use the Jeep camping and even if I take it to my farm property just to fish, I have to cross two plowed fields to get to the pond which is also sitting in a low spot that is almost always wet...

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Old Man Emu HD coils, 265/65/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Warn M8000, home made light bar, Cepek 130 watt lights, Hella 500s

CURRENTLY REBUILDING THE 4.7 HO ENGINE

Last edited by hammerz71; 05-21-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.