Winch, Bumper, Mounting Plate, Lights, Front End Stuff - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Winch, Bumper, Mounting Plate, Lights, Front End Stuff

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 08-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
zener6
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Winch, Bumper, Mounting Plate, Lights, Front End Stuff

I have come to the conclusion that I absolutely need a winch. Now I need to decide how i want to mount it. What is the best way, without spending a fortune, to do this? I was looking at the Rokmen bumpers with integrated mounting channels and either bolt on ot welded fairleads but they are kind of expensive. Any advice/pictures is appreciated. Things to consider are how many holes I would need to drill, convenience, cost, style, functionality, ruggedness, all the usual stuff.

zener6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I put a tj bumper on my Yj. Got it from a local dealer that had a bunch made up.
It has built in reinforced tow points and a winch mount. I think the integrated look is a cleaner, less second thought, thing. It would have mounted right on a Tj, I had to drill 4 holes and cut slots for the spring shackles for the Yj.

Here is it finished. With the winch, light/brush bar(home made), off road lights, all mounted.

Consider whether you need tow hooks or the bumper comes with tow points.
Winch plate built in or not.
You don't really want your fairhead welded on.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
PBR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If i were you i would get a bumper with the winch mount build in it.
PBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
I put a TJ bumper on my YJ. Got it from a local dealer that had a bunch made up.
It has built in reinforced tow points and a winch mount. I think the integrated look is a cleaner, less second thought, thing. It would have mounted right on a TJ, I had to drill 4 holes and cut slots for the spring shackles for the YJ.

Here is it finished. With the winch, light/brush bar(home made), off road lights, all mounted.

Consider whether you need tow hooks or the bumper comes with tow points.
Winch plate built in or not.
You don't really want your fairhead welded on.
looks good
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.