winch - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > winch

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #31
kashoggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4x4 View Post
Just an FYI, we are offering a $50 rebate on all of our truck winches until Dec. 31. We're also offering five of our winches with synthetic rope:

VR8000-s
VR10000-s
M8000-s
9.5xp-s
9.5cti-s

http://www.warn.com/truck/new_products.shtml

- Andy
Speaking of which, when are the synthetic ones going to be available... Mine is on back order and i don't like waiting

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #32
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidder View Post
i don't off road all that much, once in a while on mostly simple trails...if i were to buy a winch for "just in case" stuff, how many pounds should one be looking for?
8000 to 9500 lbs. is recommended for a Wrangler. And don't forget that the smaller the winch's capacity, the more amps it requires from the electrical system to pull the same load as a larger capacity winch does.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 03:08 AM   #33
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I still haven't had any issues with my HF10k. I don't use it much, but I do let the cable out every once in a while to make sure the motor still works. I do have a couple gripes about it though. It's stupid heavy. The control box outlet for the control faces the passenger side. The cord for the control is plenty long, but the two little lame screws that hold the connector assmebly to the box ripped out so now it's held in place with electrical tape. Lastly, it's stupid slow. I've always been an advocate of the "nice and easy" approch when trying to free up my Jeep, but sometimes it does get annoying.

Really, if I were to do it over again, I'd probably buy a Warn. Not because it's a Warn, or made in America, or has a rediculous warranty, or any of that, but because they do all of the things that annoy me (things listed above), better than the HF does. The HF works just fine for the type of use I give it, but if I knew three years ago what I know now, I probably would have shelled out a bit more for a Warn.

*EDIT* I also like the fact that Warn has [a] winch(s) availible that also has OBA attached, taking care of two things in one neat package. Just a thought.
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #34
Pelikan
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm also sold on the Warns. I've had several and never an issue. They are great for pulling out Hummers and tree stumps. I have had great luck with M8000's and XD9000i's.
2013 JKU, billet (silver), Teraflex 2.5" llift, Teraflex lcr's, ATX Artillery wheels, 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper, Rock Hard front bumper w/ Warn M8000, N-Fab nerf bars, OR-Fab swingout tire carrier
Pelikan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #35
hammerz71
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
I'm also sold on the Warns. I've had several and never an issue. They are great for pulling out Hummers and tree stumps. I have had great luck with M8000's and XD9000i's.
Couldn't agree more, I own one of each...

CURRENTLY REBUILDING THE 4.7 HO ENGINE
hammerz71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.