Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Who Has Removed The Back Seats???

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  zeekland 
#1 ·
So I have been throwing the idea around of removing the back seats on my 04 Liberty when I sound deaden the floor this fall (I have cut my highway noise by 50% just doing my doors/roof for less than $70). 98% of the time I don't have more than one passenger in my car and that 2% is just co-workers bumming a free ride to lunch or someone taking advantage of my good will.

I thought I would make a sub box with the space under and then expand on the floor to give me plenty of storage space. I was going to buy a truck but I got this 04 Liberty so cheap that I couldn't say no...it's a great vehicle (to my surprise) and I think I will be it's last owner.

Just curious if anyone else here did it and if they are glad they did it?

#5 ·
It was pretty horrible, with ATs (original owners purchase) it was so loud on the highway that I had to just about yell at the front seat passenger to talk to them. I got some MLV that a buddy doesn't want so I think I might MLV the doors when I go to deaden the floor.

Still happy as hell with this liberty though.

I keep the rear seat in my 2012 KK folded down all the time. gives me a flat surface to carry things. if I removed the rear seat, I'd still have the rear passenger foot well, giving me a lot less carrying room..
Yeah, I'm thinking of making my subs on the floor and then even out the floor and expand it. This way I get all the room I need while keeping my subs protected and out of the way.

#4 ·
I keep the rear seat in my 2012 KK folded down all the time. gives me a flat surface to carry things. if I removed the rear seat, I'd still have the rear passenger foot well, giving me a lot less carrying room..

#9 ·
I just got a '90 YJ Wrangler and the back seat was the first thing to go. I'm setting it up for taking on photo adventures, and need a strong lockable storage space, so the entire rear is becoming a trunk (bulkhead to the front, and a deck even with the top of the tub). Camera bags and such will fit under, and on top of the platform I'm adding some sides out of expanded metal to make a small expedition rack. I run with just a bikini top and don't like storing gear above the rollbar. And yes, it's loud. No carpet, no windows, half top, and often no doors. It's an older jeep - it isn't supposed to be refined.

#10 ·
my jkr2d removed the rear seat on the jk first year sold it the next, sold the hardtop and removed everything gutted the inside sold that off or tossed it. Only sounds left are in thedash. all inside removed plastic, 5 point belts no air bags full cage. Only a bikini top soft doors if needed any where any place. Jeep is nothing unless its open....a jeep to me is like horse, just a horse was the first 4x4 with lockers. But the idea carried over, open can go anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.