Where to get a hi lift hood kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Where to get a hi lift hood kit

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
njtj88
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where to get a hi lift hood kit

Hey guys just got myself a hi lift and I have it on the front bumper it looks like this right now:
But I really want to put it on my hood, does anyone know where they sell the kit? I tried searching no results

njtj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

In all honesty, high lift hood/front bumper mounts are dumb. If you mount your high lift to the bumper your going to hit a rock and break it. If you mount it on your hood and you crash, well i don't think the hood mounts strong enough to stop a high lift from flying through the windshield. I think the best way to mount it is with a tire carrier in the rear, but there are probably some other sufficient ways to do it.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
njtj88
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I appreciate your feed back but right now I wont be wheeling too much with a disconnected front drive shaft the d30 front is toast, so until I get the money to fix that I'm just getting lil add ons to make it look good. Thats why im not worried about hitting a rock and why its on there right now. Never thought about the hilift on the hood causing such an injury but honestly idc lol I like the looks of it.

Also what about locks for these things because I'm sure around where I live it would get snatched if its just a bolt holding it.
Unread 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtj88 View Post
I appreciate your feed back but right now I wont be wheeling too much with a disconnected front drive shaft the d30 front is toast, so until I get the money to fix that I'm just getting lil add ons to make it look good. Thats why im not worried about hitting a rock and why its on there right now. Never thought about the hilift on the hood causing such an injury but honestly idc lol I like the looks of it.

Also what about locks for these things because I'm sure around where I live it would get snatched if its just a bolt holding it.
So why not save your money to fix whats broken?
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
njtj88
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got the hi lift for a Great deal an All Cast one so I couldn't pass that up I'll just be eating spagetti & rice for a week lol I need a new carrier in the back and new gears in front with a new axle so ill be saving for a while
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If I'm not mistaken this one, http://www.toughstuffproducts.com/jeep/hood_rack.html, was co-designed by a prominent member here on JF. And as to safety I believe he has said they have never had a reported issue with thousands of them sold. Personally,there is no deal good enough that would cause me to pay money for a hi lift, unless I suppose I was planning on flipping it and making some money to put towards good mods.
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Instead of ruining or losing your jack why not just leave it at home???

If you want to mount it outside in the elements and waste your money I have seen mounts for the hood?
At least this will keep it from being a bumper. Might end up I your face in a head collision, might not.

http://www.central4wd.com/inventoryd...folder%7C76281
You could also get some cool lights to light up your hood real pretty.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
njtj88
1998 TJ Wrangler 

so for an all cast hi lift never used $40 bucks you wouldn't take it? lol

I think ima just rig it from home depot or lowes trying to figure out the hi lift on the hood might end up cheaper

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.