Where can i find Window tint? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Where can i find Window tint?

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 09-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Where can i find Window tint?

I want to buy window tint for my 2002 TJ and i would like to have it for both my hard and soft tops. Is there a way I can do it with out replacing the tops? I know there is for other cars but I cant seem to find anything for Jeeps

bgoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
HankyDanky
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Now do you want to tint them your self or get them tinted?

I bought a huge roll off ebay of limo tint and learned to tint myself (and its not easy) and did my car and windows in my house (Which is soooo nice if I might add). Tint is pretty general, you can do it on any car or house.. Its just tinting the glass so you dont have to look for anything specific as far as model. They have some kits pre made for cars that are already cut out, but if you have never tinted a window before you will most likely mess up the first couple times so dont waste the money.

The XJ Rebuild- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1327643/

People are always grabbing the handles, clutching the seat, or stomping an imaginary brake peddle when we're out having fun.
HankyDanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyDanky View Post
Now do you want to tint them your self or get them tinted?

I bought a huge roll off ebay of limo tint and learned to tint myself (and its not easy) and did my car and windows in my house (Which is soooo nice if I might add). Tint is pretty general, you can do it on any car or house.. Its just tinting the glass so you dont have to look for anything specific as far as model. They have some kits pre made for cars that are already cut out, but if you have never tinted a window before you will most likely mess up the first couple times so dont waste the money.
I would prefer to do it myself, but if its as hard to do as you say, I might take it to a shop. Im also wondering is i can use tint on the plastic windows of the soft top or if i have to buy whole new windows?
Unread 09-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
xeastend
1990 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/tinted-soft-top-windows-594394/

Tintings not really that hard, just takes a little to get used to. Once you do a few windows, it'll be like second nature, pretty much just like electrical wiring.

LOOKING FOR 4cyl axles F/R, 4.10s, will trade for my 3.07s complete

Also need 16x8 rims with less backspacing
xeastend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeastend View Post
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594394

Tintings not really that hard, just takes a little to get used to. Once you do a few windows, it'll be like second nature, pretty much just like electrical wiring.

Looks good!! Is it just regular window tint? Like for any other car? It would seem like there should be something different for plastic windows. And I assume you can use it on glass as well.
Unread 09-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
HankyDanky
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I believe that it is the same tint on the plactic windows as on glass. Like xeastend said once you get used to it then its easy. Just depends on how crafty you are. I did the windows in my house first for practice, did 4 big windows, and 40 2x2 door windows (took damn near forever!)
If ya have anything else you want to tint then I say just get a roll and mess aroud for a while. Be cheaper than having someone do it and if it rips or anything then you know how to redo it!

The XJ Rebuild- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1327643/

People are always grabbing the handles, clutching the seat, or stomping an imaginary brake peddle when we're out having fun.
HankyDanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

remember after tinting you cant roll the window down for 3 to 5 days

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
jeff@zina.com
2007 JK Wrangler 

Possibly just a factor of living where everything is tinted, but I've found it's never worth my time to tint myself. Check your local tint shops for a price before you decide.

Jeff
jeff@zina.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #9
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

There's a guy on eBay that sells pre-cut kits for under $40.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

I would like confirmation on the possibility of tinting the plastic side and rear windows with regular window tint.

Thanks. Any pictures of some that are already completed and been on for a while would be great.
jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #11
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you tint the plastic windows, it will be crappy. It would be better off buying tinted replacement windows.
Unread 09-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #12
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
remember after tinting you cant roll the window down for 3 to 5 days
Def think about that....hahaha after i tinted my front windows i got pulled over and i had to open the door, the cop was not happy with me, no i didnt get pulled over for my tinted windows

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
cbrann05
2007 JK Wrangler 

when you tint windows you put the tint on from east to west not north to south...just a mistake i learned from
cbrann05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #14
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrann05 View Post
when you tint windows you put the tint on from east to west not north to south...just a mistake i learned from
Not trying to question you knowledge, but does it matter?
The cheapest way to get a significant power increase over a stock 2.5l, would be to pull it out and put in a 5hp briggs & stratton engine.
joe's_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #15
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrann05 View Post
I do mine north to south....and all mine have turned out fine

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.