Where to buy Poison Spyder hood louver? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Where to buy Poison Spyder hood louver?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
rage4order
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Where to buy Poison Spyder hood louver?

I'm looking into installing the PSC hood louver on my YJ. Is there a dealer here on the forum that sells at discount? I've been to the PSC website and the powdercoat one for my YJ is $188 dlvd. I checked the dealer page but didn't see one so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be helpful. Thanks!

rage4order is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Use your imagination, not your wallet. I bought two additional vent grills (black part in front of windshield) and put them just inside the windshield fold down rests (happens to be above the exhaust manifolds of my V6). Only $8 for the pair from DAVEYSJEEPS.COM.
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
rage4order
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
Use your imagination, not your wallet. I bought two additional vent grills (black part in front of windshield) and put them just inside the windshield fold down rests (happens to be above the exhaust manifolds of my V6). Only $8 for the pair from DAVEYSJEEPS.COM.
The only problem I have with that is the hood will now be directly open to the elements. I know, I know, that has been discussed over and over here and on other forums, but at least the PSC louver has the "reversed scoops" which minimize that. I also was looking at the Gen Right louvers. I have seen many different ways that people vent their hoods so I'm still debating on which way to go. I'm usually one who weighs price/form/function on EVERYTHING, but I will admit, I do like the look of the psc louver. Like I said though, I'm still up in the air which way to go.
rage4order is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I understand. I only had one instance where a bad rain prevented the Jeep from starting until it dried out, which was a pain. When I was in NY, I used to have steel covers for the vents to keep snow off things in winter, when I didn't need the cooling as much. Now that I'm in New Mexico (since 2011), open vents are not an issue.

Even with that though, I was thinking of making some sort of pan for each vent attached to the hood. Something that would not effect cooling flow, but route water elsewhere. It's just me though. Whenever I want to make a change to my Jeep, I go for the garage and it's tools before going to the catalog and credit card.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.