Wheelin app for the iPhone/iPod - FREE - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Wheelin app for the iPhone/iPod - FREE

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #16
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
Mmmmm.... I have a very long list of features I want to do but I don't know when I'll get the time to do it. But I'll add that to the list but don't hold your breath.

In the meantime, compute your speed based on the tach and tape a paper chart to the dash. Your tach becomes your speedometer then! I used to do this for TSD rallies to make a more precise speedometer.
I have an inaccurate speedo, no tach, and i usually just go by feel and flow of traffic. I pretty well know what my speed is, it just makes you clinch when you are in a school zone and the local cop is behind you.

Paper on the dash and a no top jeep don't mesh. Another thought would possibly be adding a compass in lieu of the speedo. or a second screen for a compass.

aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
NotThePainter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiejon View Post
Paper on the dash and a no top jeep don't mesh.

Waterproof paper! (I actually use this is some of my geocaches.)
Unread 11-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #18
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

DL'ing it now
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19OlllllllO41 View Post
Any chance there will be an Android version??
X2, not to mention Android is outselling iPhone.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Been playing with it on the iPod Touch.

Very neat! I like the alarm feature! Now just to figure out what that angle might be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I have a POS blackberry, not gonna even ask if it'll come out for THAT.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 04:37 AM   #21
NotThePainter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Yup, but I'm not too worried. The market research I did for Ferret says that there are something like 187 MILLION iOS devices out there. I'll be happy with the market initially.
Unread 11-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #22
NotThePainter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
Been playing with it on the iPod Touch.

Very neat! I like the alarm feature! Now just to figure out what that angle might be
Don't bother trying. Last run I was on I got > 30 degrees of roll and early in the year I got > 50 (estimate from video, I hadn't write the app yet) of pitch. (I was coming down off a steep ledge.) Both times I felt fine. But, on the same run I got the 30 on I got a bit sideways on a hill. I shut it down and the spotter put a strap on cage to prevent a roll. I had the time to check pitch and roll. Both were under 20 degrees!

I'll need to add a yaw measurement, which is easy, but how can I determine the difference between bad yaw (sliding on a hill) and good yaw (turning)? I don't think I can without another sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
I have a POS blackberry, not gonna even ask if it'll come out for THAT.
Don't laugh. It is possible. When we do the Android port of Ferret we may use Marmalade and that would give us tons of platforms, including some Blackberry devices. And we just may dip our toes in the water with Marmalade by porting Wheelin to it.

Now a POS Blackberry? Probably not. Do you even have a gyroscope, or even accelerometers?
Unread 11-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #23
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
I'll volunteer for Beta testing of most anything you have for the following;

iPod touch
iPad (original)
iMac (Lion OS)
Android Thunderbolt
Hopefully an iPhone 5 on Verizon next summer

PM me if you want Beta feedback.
Ditto that! Apple FTW

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/broke-students-jeep-build-1264853/"]YJ BUILD THREAD/[/URL]
branjmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #24
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

downloaded, works great so far, i get my iPhone 4S car mount tomorrow, so I'll write a review after that!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/broke-students-jeep-build-1264853/"]YJ BUILD THREAD/[/URL]
branjmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 05:17 AM   #25
NotThePainter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by branjmb View Post
Ditto that! Apple FTW
send an email to paul at longpointlabs dot com and I'll keep you in mind. Thanks!
Unread 11-16-2011, 05:18 AM   #26
NotThePainter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by branjmb View Post
downloaded, works great so far, i get my iPhone 4S car mount tomorrow, so I'll write a review after that!
Awesome, and thanks for the review!
Unread 05-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #27
NotThePainter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

And updated version is now available. It allows upside down landscape mode. Some requested that and it was easy to do. Portrait mode, well, maybe, not as easy...
Unread 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #28
jfondren3
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just downloaded, can't wait to try it out, even though Florida is completely flat. lol.

Air Force Jeep Club #131
jfondren3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #29
NotThePainter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfondren3 View Post
Just downloaded, can't wait to try it out, even though Florida is completely flat. lol.
not really, the max elevation, according to google, is 324 feet! :- )
Unread 05-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #30
jfondren3
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
not really, the max elevation, according to google, is 324 feet! :- )
Worst case I can hit the overpasses. Haha.

Air Force Jeep Club #131
jfondren3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.