what happened to Tuffdesigns? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > what happened to Tuffdesigns?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
jeepshak
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what happened to Tuffdesigns?

I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews on their rear tire carriers, but my buddy has one and it's pretty sick...

My dilemma: I've been trying to contact them with no success... emailed them with no response. Calling the number listed goes straight to voicemail, which is full so can't even leave a message.

Anyone know what happened to these guys?

Unread 09-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
grymsr
Vintage Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

their website is still active but some of their links don't work. beats me

Black Jeep Club v1.0 and v2.0 #1776
DR Z MUST BE STOPPED #7
grymsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
jeepshak
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yea they're site is up, but i'm hesitant about placing an order online, when I can't even get through to talk to them via email or phone...
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think they may be out of business. Ive been trying to pull their site up for a couple of days now, but it won't come up. Sever is down/offline.

Looks like Ill be getting a Jeeperman or LoD rear bumper
jhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
sjpatg
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have their rear bumper tire carrier and and would not buy from them again. First of all is the design of the tire carrier , the joints are not mitered just butted together with plastic caps over the ends of the square tube . The plastic caps leaked letting water into the inside which froze cracking the square tube.

i just spent a week redesigning and fabricating the carrier as well including an A to Z fab latch system.

If they are gone I say good riddance , if not I would not buy another thing from them
sjpatg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpatg
I have their rear bumper tire carrier and and would not buy from them again. First of all is the design of the tire carrier , the joints are not mitered just butted together with plastic caps over the ends of the square tube . The plastic caps leaked letting water into the inside which froze cracking the square tube.

i just spent a week redesigning and fabricating the carrier as well including an A to Z fab latch system.

If they are gone I say good riddance , if not I would not buy another thing from them
Thanks for letting us know. I KNEW it had to be to good to be true. They seemed to have to good of a price for their features.

Like I said, I think they're belly up...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.