What to do next??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > What to do next???

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 06-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
austinwillis
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What to do next???

I have the 4" lift and 35's. I'm now looking for improvement in ride quality. I don't know if this can be ache iced from getting new rims that don't require wheel spacers or maybe rehearing or improving steering equipment. And for these reasons I've decided to turn to the jeep gods haha. I'm open to any suggestions!

austinwillis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinwillis View Post
I'm looking for improvement in ride quality.
Buy a car. Next you'll want better acceleration to beat the rice boys, then better A/C, then room for a third row seat to haul more people, then 8,000 lb towing to pull the RV. Good luck with all that.
Unread 06-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinwillis View Post
I have the 4" lift and 35's. I'm now looking for improvement in ride quality. I don't know if this can be ache iced from getting new rims that don't require wheel spacers or maybe rehearing or improving steering equipment. And for these reasons I've decided to turn to the jeep gods haha. I'm open to any suggestions!
new quality shocks will help you improve your ride quality tremendously more than anything else....but if I were you i'd spend the money on a better short arm setup with a JJ on each end.....when I went from skycrapper control arms to currie, it was a night and day difference...not only in ride quality but also the quality of the arm itself.....
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

What tire pressure are you running?
Unread 07-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
dundy
2001 XJ Cherokee 

WJ steering was a nice upgrade when I DD's my XJ. Better steering angles, better brakes, and it uses all off the shelf Jeep parts.
dundy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #6
caronaxtr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to 35's in a couple weeks. I swapped out my LP30 & D35 for HP D30 & Chry 8.25/29 spline. Regeared to 4.56, front & rear air lockers, and new bushings, ball joints, upgraded steering, disk brakes all four corners. XJ feels like it just came off the new car lot. Really tight.

Gears was a huge upgrade, 4 wheel disks.... I can lock it up with out any issues, new bushings, unit bearings, steering really took it from a "Danger Ride" to a pleasure to drive..

Just adding/replacing worn out parts will improve your ride...
caronaxtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.