Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Waxing JK - What to use on fenders?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  mtnbiker995 
#1 ·
Just bought my 2012 JK 3 days ago and I am thinking of how to wax it when the weather breaks.

It is a black hardtop with the stock plastic fenders. I know from the past that you don't use wax on plastic so I am not sure how to treat the fenders. Actually the bumpers too. They look like they would need special treatment also.

I already have a good wax for black paint picked out. And on my 2013 Mustang I use something called Aerospace 303 spray on its decals. I was wonderinf if that would work?

JC

#7 ·
Some people use the new turtle wax ice, as it doesn't cloud over white on plastic. I personally prefer the look of a proper dressing like the before mentioned Meguiars or Mother's Protectant. Meguairs and Mothers both have restorers if your fenders start to fade or stain.

I get tired of trying to delicately go around all the plastic: I'll use tape on the plastic stuff such as fenders and the bumpers on the hood itself. Wax like crazy and not have to deal with those annoying white streaks later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.