Warn XD9000i reverse clicking-what is it? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Warn XD9000i reverse clicking-what is it?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Planetcat
2004 WJ 

Warn XD9000i reverse clicking-what is it?

Ok, so my M8000 never did this. But I just got an XD9000i for my WJ and went to spool on a synthetic line for the first time. When I spool out (i.e. reverse) the line using the wired controller button, the winch sort of makes a stutter/click every rotation. The stutter is significant, not smooth at all. It does not do this on spooling in line and like I said, my M8000 never did this. Is this normal or do you think something might be wrong with the reverse gear? I thought the winch uses the same gears for forward or reverse, just reverses the polarity to make the motor go one direction or the other. Obviously, I'm not good with electrical. Thanks in advance.

Tags
warn , winch , xd9000i

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.