Warn Winch and Winch Plate Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Warn Winch and Winch Plate Advice

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
BigGreenTJ27
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Warn Winch and Winch Plate Advice

I'm looking into buying a Warn M8000 Winch, seeing as I found a brand new one for pretty cheap on Quadratec. I was browsing through their website and I saw that a Warn winch plate is another $100 - $120. I'm not very familiar with winches or their setups, so I figured I'd come here to ask. Can I buy a cheaper winch plate made by another company, or do I need to use the Warn plate? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

BigGreenTJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

a winch plate is a winch plate, so get the cheaper one if you want to. just be sure you dont buy a piece of 1/8" junk.

martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
gpb

The price at Quadratec is nice, but man that $75 shipping fee will hurt. I recommend shopping around, you can find the M8000 for ~$550 delivered.

Don't forget to buy the little $12 solenoid box mounting bracket -- it comes with the warn winch plate, but not with the winch itself, so you'd be stuck if you choose a different winch plate.
gpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
ZIMM18
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb View Post
Don't forget to buy the little $12 solenoid box mounting bracket -- it comes with the warn winch plate, but not with the winch itself, so you'd be stuck if you choose a different winch plate.

hahaha, yea i made this mistake, or on my part did not know. yes, buy the $12 bracket.
Unread 09-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
BigGreenTJ27
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks a lot for the help. I ended up going on Winch Depot and found the M8000 for $539 + $9.99 shipping. Can't seem to beat that. And I'll definitely be sure to buy that bracket. I read a past thread on here about that and made sure I found one. Thanks again!
BigGreenTJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.