Warn M8000 Winch, Free Wireless control - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Warn M8000 Winch, Free Wireless control

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
JeepFarm
1938 MK Compass 

Warn M8000 Winch, Free Wireless control

I'm in the market for a winch and narrowed it down to the Warn M8000. Everybody seems to be about the same price $650.00. Most have free shipping and now I see some are offering free Wireless control.
So my question is 650 a decent price.
I realize a few years ago they were cheaper, and there are cheaper winches out there but I would rather pay more to get better quality.
2nd, is the wireless control useful. I have no idea, I can see it being handy but is it something that you would actually use.
And I guess while I'm on it, is the Warn M8000 an ok winch, from what I've read it is, but this is my first rodeo and this is all new to me, I suppose any one would be better than the winches with a hand crank.

JeepFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't own a warn but I do have wireless control and some things are impossible to do without one I have a pull pal and it makes setting it in the ground much easier. And it can keep you a safe distance away when needed. And its much easier then dragging a corded remote inside
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
nolanbalzarini

we won a warn m8000 in 2001 with a raffle ticket and we pull on it hard smoked it pulling a full size truck out of the mud, let it cool down and pulled him all the way out.
but with our winches they are rated for more than twice the weight of the vehicle and we use a snatch block to double the line pull. but any way IMO the warn m8000 is one of the best winches out there and very reliable
nolanbalzarini is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.