Warn 8375 brake stuck....suggestions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Warn 8375 brake stuck....suggestions?

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 01-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
trouttrooper

Warn 8375 brake stuck....suggestions?

Been awhile since I've posted anything, unfortunately the Jeep has had to take a backseat to other financial needs lately.

Anyway I recently acquired 2 free winches, both included cable and fairlead .

One is a Warn 5687. Haven't decided what to do with it, haven't really checked it out yet. I don't believe the motor is bad, thinking I might mount it and use it to pull "stuff" onto a flatbed trailer.....someday.

The other is a Warn 8375. Took some searching, and a email to Warn, to confirm it is identical to the legendary 8274, just minus the freespool capability. Plan is to build a portable mount so I can use it on the Jeep or my Chevy 1 ton. I cleaned up the motor and solenoids and got that part working again. Here's my problem with the teardown/rebuild (ya, it needs it). The brake assembly won't come off. I've got the snap ring off, have been putting gallons (seems like) of PB blaster on the shaft the past 2 weeks, but that sucker just won't budge. I've been trying my redneck version of a puller with 2 C clamps and a chunk of big flatbar, but nada. Even tried a little heat.

Any other suggestions?

trouttrooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.