WARN 8274-50 Best Buy? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > WARN 8274-50 Best Buy?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

WARN 8274-50 Best Buy?

Ok, after searching around for the best price on this Warn Winch, so far the best price for a new one is at AMAZON for $1519.95. It also come with an $80 rebate from WARN with FREE shipping. The bottom line for this purchase is $1439.95. Does anyone know of a better deal for a new one? Thanks.

1HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nah, fifteen hundred bucks is what you should expect to pay for a new one.

Of course you can get one off craigslist for about $500 and even after new cable and motor rebuild you'll still save yourself five bills.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy View Post
Nah, fifteen hundred bucks is what you should expect to pay for a new one.

Of course you can get one off craigslist for about $500 and even after new cable and motor rebuild you'll still save yourself five bills.
That is what I did. They are the best winches out there in my opinion.
Unread 05-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
That is what I did. They are the best winches out there in my opinion.
Seems so. Hate to say that I remember seeing a new one around 1977 or 78 newly installed and said that one day "I too will have one". That day is now. Guess what? They are still around and so am I. Every post I read about them says pretty much the same thing about it's the one to have other than the weight and price. Parts are plentyful as well as available. Guess the best part is the reputation and built in the USA. They wouldn't still be making these Winchs if there wasn't a market. Oooo'Rah!
Unread 05-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Love mine! The only thing I do not like about it is it does not like to free spool.
Something else you may want to consider is the winch mount.
You can not use a standard winch mount.
Great winch and it will outlast all the others.
Unread 05-21-2011, 04:06 AM   #6
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS View Post
Love mine! The only thing I do not like about it is it does not like to free spool.
Something else you may want to consider is the winch mount.
You can not use a standard winch mount.
Great winch and it will outlast all the others.
Yes about the Mount issue. I'm on EBay now in search thereof for the mysterious plate and not to mention CL. I have a quest for a CAD of one on the Fabrication Thread so I can get one welded up as an alternative. WARN wants $300+ EA! YIKES! Anyways, I'll get it all together at some point. John

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.