Wackiest thing you heard today...... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Wackiest thing you heard today......

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Wackiest thing you heard today......

Aimed more for the guys and girls who wrench and sell parts professionally,
What's the wackiest thing you heard today, I know I get some doozies. Let's just be aware that all this is taken tongue in cheek, and not all Jeep stuff.

I'll start with this:

Customer needed a battery replaced under warranty, has the receipt and everything, but the battery under the hood is from Walmart. So now I'm being reported to the corporate 1-800-beech and moan line because I refused.
I even pointed out that the battery says walmart on it.

Kicker: I went to lunch, and when I came back, the same customer is here, trying to do the same thing, but they've peeled the labels off the battery. (Dr Evil mode on) Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..........

Unread 09-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How about this one from the service department at an un-named Jeep dealer in the Antelop Valley!

Took my new-to-Rubicon in to get the speedo re-calibrated for the big tires and gear change and was told "looks like you will have to wait 5-6 hours to get the work done, the tech has to pull a transmission and tear it apart now, even tho it has been here for a month!"

WTH!!!!

BTW I was even told by the service manager that I would have to wait and no he would let him make a 15 minute change first! Fricken dealers, I sure as hell won't be going back to them, EVER!
Unread 09-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

I think I have a winner. Customer saw my ZJ, claims to have one just like it, but with a 3" suspension lift and a 2" body lift.............

Darnit, I want a 2" body lift.........
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

This just in.......Apparently, according to a fellow employee, you cannot mix synthetic oil and regular oil, ever.

Just shoot me.......

I just handed them a bottle a synthetic blend and walked away.
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
harleyparts
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Went to dealer to pick up tj dana 30 axle seals. Was told the seals are not serviceable! I asked him (parts guy at counter) what they would do if the axle seals leaked then? He said replace the axle! Lmao...needless to say I'll never be going back there again
harleyparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyparts View Post
Went to dealer to pick up tj dana 30 axle seals. Was told the seals are not serviceable! I asked him (parts guy at counter) what they would do if the axle seals leaked then? He said replace the axle! Lmao...needless to say I'll never be going back there again
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
harleyparts
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't have believed it either if it wasn't for the fact that I was standing right there. To be fair. It was a young guy working by himself at lunch time and he did seem busy. He didnt say replace the axle what he actually said was "if its not serviceable you might have to replace the assembly" then asked if i wanted to leave my phone # so he could have the manager look and give me a call.
harleyparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

My girl, who actually does the same job I do, for a different store, was asked for parts for a 1997 Merkur Stabler today.......it's amazing how many people have absolutley no idea what year, make or model vehicle they drive...........god forbid you ask for a brake code.......
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie View Post
My girl, who actually does the same job I do, for a different store, was asked for parts for a 1997 Merkur Stabler today.......it's amazing how many people have absolutley no idea what year, make or model vehicle they drive...........god forbid you ask for a brake code.......
The parts are compatible with the Form Termnus.
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
CoastieShep
2001 WJ 

I asked somebody if their new GC was 2 or 4wd. They told me that it was both. Just smiled and nodded.
CoastieShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
jlp437
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyparts View Post

I was Quoted ~$700 for a soft front brake hose. Guy showed me the part from a technical assembly drawing and it really was just the hose.

I will likely never step foot in there again, besides to buy a diesel JK in the future.
jlp437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

I had a customer who swore his old '54 Dodge had glow plugs and that when it was cold he had to turn on the headlights to get them to warm up and then it would start. I put a new ground cable on and it fired up faster and his lights got brighter after that.

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Had a customer bring in 5 ford 4.0 heads all different years and all drivers side.he also had a Jeep 4.2 short block. He want the best head built and put in block.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.