Virginia Tactical Jeeps...Survival Gear Discussion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Virginia Tactical Jeeps...Survival Gear Discussion

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
VaTacJeeps
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Virginia Tactical Jeeps...Survival Gear Discussion

OK Jeepers...What gear would you add to your Jeep to make the ultimate survival Jeep or Bug Out Vehicle ?? I want to hear from both male and female perspectives. Lets see what ideas we come up with...Lets have some fun !!

[COLOR="Black"][FONT="Century Gothic"][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="black"][B]"My Jeep Isn't Leaking...It Is Marking It's Territory" [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
VaTacJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

A tow bar on the front so I can drag it with the motorhome. Oh it already does!

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
2Five22
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sell it and buy a M38A1. If it runs on gas and doesn't have a carburetor, points, and a mechanical distributor, it isn't be expedient repairable. If it is a Diesel, it must have a mechanical injector system.

I am just the chauffeur.
2Five22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #4
WSS
1972 CJ5 

If we are talking Survival/tactical mostly, then carb and mechanical dist are a must. After a "e-bomb" the medusa effect would render any electronics unusable. That is the extreme though. If you have bugged out prior, then you probably are not in the zone.

Communications will be important, both rx and tx. We need to hear whats going on and be able to comm with friendlies at distance. Big watts help get out. I know many here, do not agree, but they most likely will not be with you when you need it, don't worry about it. Properly used watts can be effective, get a ham license. Learn about RF and antenaes how to make them and direct them.

Ever try to make a phone call after an earthquake? Forget the cell phones. Even if the repeaters are up, they will be overrun by panic calls. I have handheld radios that put out more watts than a CB and can generate DTMF tones to send codes or link up repeaters.

Guns obviously, that is a personal preference what you carry. It will depend on your territory and situation. Knives, many styles. I like knives. Learn the basics of making one, try your hand at knapping one from stone. I would bring along my Bowtech Guardian too, it is virtually silent and scary accurate. The smoke chrome color would have to be dumbed down of course LOL. A couple dozen carbon fiber arrows

Water, lots of it. Food too. Some kind of water purification system. A place to sleep, maybe a roof mounted tent.

Lots of camo and camo paint in spray cans, enough to do a vehicle, support equipment and your guns. Camo nets to cover your vehicle.

Recovery gear: Climbing, jacking, winching, blocking, etc. I have synthetic line on my winch now, but steel may be the choice in a bug out situation, you can abuse it more (JMHO)

A bunch of Bibles. Stash em around. New King James preferably (for me anyway). This will be one of our rights lost after our gun rights are taken, stash em together.

First aid, and even stuff you are not comfortable with or don't know how to use, maybe someone else does know how to use it properly (on you?).

Solar panels, flexible if possible. solar panel regulator(s), a few deep cycle batts will make life easier.

This is fun! Luck favors the prepared.

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My thoughts are on this if the world turns into a chaotic mess like that I'm not sure I wanna be in it. I don't own guns or a food stockpile. I prepare for most everything but that.
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepZJlover View Post
My thoughts are on this if the world turns into a chaotic mess like that I'm not sure I wanna be in it. I don't own guns or a food stockpile. I prepare for most everything but that.
Unfortunately, when and IF we get there, there will be all to many people who would happily oblige and take you out of it in order to "take what is not theirs". What ever you do have, will be worth a premium for sure. Makes it tough for me though, I have an obligation to protect you and your loved ones.

Unread 07-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
zillla
1975 CJ5 

All the preppin is for naught. Doomsday aint never gonna come. It is happining so slow nobody even notices. Has been since the sixties. Those that do prep are called crackpots and psyco. Fact: The police are now heavily militarized. And the cop mindset is : If ya got it use it. I am 65 years old and ALL MY LIFE I have been watching our rights evaporate one way or another.. Am I prepped. Hell yeah. does it matter? Hell no.
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
WSS
1972 CJ5 

This is supposed to be fun, come on, run with it. Share your opinions on gear and tactics.

Unread 07-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
MrB
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I prepare mostly for getting a wife, 3yr old, and dog 500 miles away. Things like katrina huricane Sandy and local emergencies happen all the time. I live within an hours drive of DC and I'm convinced a terrorist event will happen again in my lifetime around that city. If that happens I'm going to depend on a few pre packed bags, a couple of small arms, cash and a well running vehicle. I don't prepare for TEOTWAWKI because you can't. Too many unpredictable variables. Light and fast is the key. With that said I would love to have a home way up in the mountains as a vacation spot and retreat to be able to live off the grid and be totally secluded from the rest of the world.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
lar308

1990 YJ Wrangler 

After an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) your electronis won't function. If it has a chip, it's done. This includes the electronis ignition on your vehicle. Ever wonder why military vehicles are diesel and have mechanical injection pumps? Diesel is safer for storage and transport. GUNS, GROCERIES, GOLD any two can get you the other and you can survive. How much do you know about living off the land and or zoo? What is your definitio of friend? Who can you trust? Is your "friend" willing to give his or her life for yours? After the Boston house to houses searches, what is next marshall law? just an old man's thoughts on living in a country where you are not the top dog. Ron
lar308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
mylt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lar308 View Post
After an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) your electronis won't function. If it has a chip, it's done. This includes the electronis ignition on your vehicle. Ever wonder why military vehicles are diesel and have mechanical injection pumps? Diesel is safer for storage and transport. GUNS, GROCERIES, GOLD any two can get you the other and you can survive. How much do you know about living off the land and or zoo? What is your definitio of friend? Who can you trust? Is your "friend" willing to give his or her life for yours? After the Boston house to houses searches, what is next marshall law? just an old man's thoughts on living in a country where you are not the top dog. Ron
totally false. do the research and you will see.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #12
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylt1 View Post
totally false. do the research and you will see.
Link us to were you did yours.

WSS
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
mylt1

good lord you dont want anything. LOL. check out the survival forum over at ar15.com. there is actually a couple of electrical eng's that specialize in EMP and its effects on electrical components.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #14
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylt1 View Post
good lord you dont want anything. LOL. check out the survival forum over at ar15.com. there is actually a couple of electrical eng's that specialize in EMP and its effects on electrical components.

I don't get it. I'm slow and stupid, please be patient. I do want things, many, many things.

How about those links to your research? I am very interested in YOUR findings.

Is it stricly the eng's over on ar15.com?
Unread 07-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #15
lar308

1990 YJ Wrangler 

AR15.com isn't just full of engineers. It's mostly black gun lovers. I'm a member, but I haven't been to that section. I'm going to find some of the posts, I'll try to post the links.
lar308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bug out , gear , jeep , survival , willy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.