UCF belly skid warranty question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > UCF belly skid warranty question

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 07-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #1
1999GOLDTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

UCF belly skid warranty question

I purchased a 2 inch deep belly skid for my 99 4cyl TJ and put a few small wheeling trips on it and everything was fine with an sye and cv shafts no vibes or rattles and seemed extremely strong wit the cnc bent main structure with the chanel support/crossmember. Well I wheeled just a few weeks ago and on that adventure I got high centered on to the skid not the hole weight of the jeep just the front portion and it was 6 to 8 inches of a jounce keep in mind it was local event so I had 1/2 a tank of gas in my fuel cell so 5 to 6 gal. No tools no spare tire. Stripped interior and one 100 pound passenger and myself at 130 lbs. If you have followed my build thread you know I'm on 35s 3 inches of lift and stretched a few inches but have cut alot of weight out. After comming dow the obstacle hearing all sorts or rattles and vibes and not being able to shift without hitting the dash I crawled under to find that my skid was bowed upward 1 to 1 1/4 inches and I'm talking the center inner support/crossmember that the transfercase bolts to as well as the outter portion of the skid it's self. I am not pleased with this at all especially with the price and was wondering what the product warranty or such was with UCF as the conditions of this occasion. Now I can understand that if t had fallen loaded full tank of gas passenger spare tire tools and a foot and a half and it caved I could walk away and said well that could have been worse. So any help would be great!

1999GOLDTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999GOLDTJ View Post
I purchased a 2 inch deep belly skid for my 99 4cyl TJ and put a few small wheeling trips on it and everything was fine with an sye and cv shafts no vibes or rattles and seemed extremely strong wit the cnc bent main structure with the chanel support/crossmember. Well I wheeled just a few weeks ago and on that adventure I got high centered on to the skid not the hole weight of the jeep just the front portion and it was 6 to 8 inches of a jounce keep in mind it was local event so I had 1/2 a tank of gas in my fuel cell so 5 to 6 gal. No tools no spare tire. Stripped interior and one 100 pound passenger and myself at 130 lbs. If you have followed my build thread you know I'm on 35s 3 inches of lift and stretched a few inches but have cut alot of weight out. After comming dow the obstacle hearing all sorts or rattles and vibes and not being able to shift without hitting the dash I crawled under to find that my skid was bowed upward 1 to 1 1/4 inches and I'm talking the center inner support/crossmember that the transfercase bolts to as well as the outter portion of the skid it's self. I am not pleased with this at all especially with the price and was wondering what the product warranty or such was with UCF as the conditions of this occasion. Now I can understand that if t had fallen loaded full tank of gas passenger spare tire tools and a foot and a half and it caved I could walk away and said well that could have been worse. So any help would be great!
Why are you asking for help here? Speak to UCF. Simplest way get the answer.
Unread 07-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
1999GOLDTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just haven't had time to call didn't know if any one knew an answer
1999GOLDTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.