Truck-Lite 27270c headlights "flicker" in daylight running mode - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Truck-Lite 27270c headlights "flicker" in daylight running mode

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
TRYoung
2007 JK Wrangler 

Truck-Lite 27270c headlights "flicker" in daylight running mode

Like the title suggests, I installed my new Truck-Lite 27270c LED headlights the other day, and the 'daytime running lights' mode makes the lights look like they are flickering. When I turn the light switch 'on', they are fine. Only happening in daytime running mode. Anyone else have this problem and know how to remedy it?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and just so I can post a side-by-side comparison of the difference between stock, OEM headlights and the new Truck-Lites, here ya go!

384407_10151554809228010_2028781086_n.jpg  

Last edited by TRYoung; 08-29-2013 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: Added photo
TRYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

IIRC it is covered in this writeup: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/usmcdoc/lights/index.php
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
TRYoung
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
IIRC it is covered in this writeup: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/usmcdoc/lights/index.php
Greatly appreciated, thank you much.
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow that before/after difference is crazy. I honestly thought everyone was exaggerating how bad stock wrangler lights were, now that I have one, but that's an impressive change.
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
TRYoung
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientspear View Post
Wow that before/after difference is crazy. I honestly thought everyone was exaggerating how bad stock wrangler lights were, now that I have one, but that's an impressive change.
Honestly, I didn't expect THAT much of a dramatic change. I mean, I didn't think the stock headlights were that bad, really. I just had the perfect chance to get these Truck-Lite lights and couldn't pass it up. A good friend of mine was dating a girl who works at the Truck-Lite factory that is just about 45 minutes from here, and she was able to get me the entire kit, including the harness adapters for $165. You can't touch this kit for under $499 anywhere I looked. Needless to day, when I turned that headlight switch on after getting done with the install, I was amazed. The new lights really bathe the immediate landscape much more than the OEM lights do. The point of convergence out in the distance is pretty much the same as the OEM lights, but everything is lit up from that point all the way back to the Jeep, and the beam is wider so you can really see what is going out out to the sides of your vehicle.
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientspear View Post
After looking at those pics, I can honestly say that the stock headlights are the equivalent of trying to see by a lit match held out the window at 60 mph.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.