post #1 of Old 06-04-2014, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
OzzLee
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Trek Armor VS Mother Nature

I have the standard cloth seats in my TJ. They get rained on very frequently. I've been looking at the Trek Armor covers and have read a bunch of threads about them, but I still have two unanswered questions.

1) Will they keep my seats dry in a downpour or when I use a hose to clean the mud out? That's a big one. If they don't, then there is no reason to spend the money. Lawn and leaf bags have been working just fine so far.

2) Will water bead off? I've heard neoprene will hold water and I'll get a wet rear end when I sit down. I'm looking for a cover that a hand towel will wipe off any remaining water.

It seams that the Iggee synthetic leather does all of this, but I really like the rugged look and Molle straps on the Trek Armor.

I know I can contact the company....but I imagine they will be a bit biased.

post #2 of Old 06-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Texas16
2006 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/t...overs-1369735/

Bottom of the page they say that the seat covers are water resistant and have some kind of water proof substrate built in. Water beads up and rolls right off. I just ordered these myself because I want the most durable, non-leather seat covers out there and these fit the bill.
post #3 of Old 06-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Texas16
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My Trek Armor covers just came in and I installed them. They were easy to put on and they fit like a glove on my seats. The Molle straps are wicked too. My covers came with three bags to put on the backs of the covers. Those were also easy to put on and felt sturdy enough. On the front of the base of the front seat covers there are also zip pockets for storing papers and small objects. There are zip pockets on the backs of the front covers too. These seat covers definitely give the interior a tougher look, and they're even more functional. Haven't put them up against the elements yet. So far I can tell you from my experience it's sweat proof...