trade TJ Rubicon for 13 JKU??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > trade TJ Rubicon for 13 JKU???

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Scotts05Rub
2005 TJ Wrangler 

trade TJ Rubicon for 13 JKU???

I currently own and wheel a 2005 Rubicon.. highline tube fenders, 3" lift, 35" nittos, armor, and supercharged.. My wife (who is pregnant with our 2nd child) has a 2013 JKU sport with 2.5" lift and 33" nittos. One Jeep needs to go as my wife is not 100% happy with driving a jeep daily and wants back in an Audi.... so... do I get rid of the TJ and use the JKU as my wheeling rig, or get rid of the JKU and stick with ole trusty... I'm torn as to what to do. I like the TJ for how simple it is and don't mine tossing it around in some rocks. But on the other hand the JKU is so nice and comfortable (especially for a family of 4) and looks so tough lifted. Any advice from someone who has made the switch and liked it or regretted it would be great..

Scotts05Rub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
msprooch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

With a growing family keep the jk.
msprooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
Scotts05Rub
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think that is the way im leaning... but it will be so hard to say goodbye to the TJ
Unread 05-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My vote is get another job and keep both.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Scotts05Rub
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's not an option sadly
Unread 05-31-2014, 11:21 PM   #6
98TJcomeonuh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Keep the tj!

Like you stated, there's something about them being so simple, that is just so attractive IMHO. When I drive my wife's '14 GC, then get in my LJ I'm just so happy to be rowing through the gears, having the soft top flapping, and manual windows.
98TJcomeonuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #7
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I went from a tj to a jku and went back to a lj. I liked the jk but it didn't feel like a jeep to me. I sold the jk wich I had a lot of money into so I could get back to a tj. Now that I have the lj I will never sell it. If u sell the jk u can use the Audi as the family vehicle. Keep the tj.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
TripLeader
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaggan123 View Post
I went from a tj to a jku and went back to a lj. I liked the jk but it didn't feel like a jeep to me. I sold the jk wich I had a lot of money into so I could get back to a tj. Now that I have the lj I will never sell it. If u sell the jk u can use the Audi as the family vehicle. Keep the tj.
I agree with this. Is going to an LJ an option you've considered?
TripLeader is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #9
Scotts05Rub
2005 TJ Wrangler 

an LJ really isn't an option at this time as it would require selling both the TJ and the JK... I think the smart thing to do is sell the TJ.. and make the JK something I can be proud of.. one ton axles and 40s...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.