Tool for flushing brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Tool for flushing brakes

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 05-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
dubnutty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tool for flushing brakes

Anyone purchase one of those Motive pressure bleeders? Need to get the brakes flushed on my 06 Rubi. Which model did you purchase and from whom. I've been looking at ones on Amazon and have been getting kinda confused on different models. Some people's review say they leak but maybe they didnt use the correct adaptor. I have some other cars I need to do so purchasing one is going to be a for sure thing. Any opinions would be very helpful.

dubnutty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I prefer Speed Bleeders and flush the system by refilling master cylinder as I drain it.
Cheaper and easier, IMO.
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

This^^

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You can just gravity bleed them.
Open the bleeders, attach a plastic hose and run it into a can.
Keep the master full. When you see clear fluid come out you are done.
Never done it on a ABS vehicle but I see no reason it would not work.
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Never tried that.... without pumping the brake pedal?? Isn't it VERY slow?

RJ
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

Are you talking about a bleeder ball, that you attach to the master cylinder lid and pump on? If so they work great if you have the right fitting for your vehicle. But honestly they arent neccesary. Also why are you flushing your lines did you get water in them? If not your talking about bleeding them. Which if you install speed bleeder valves is incredibly easy. If your putting on a new master cylinder there is another method for that which uses a kit that usually comes with it in the box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.