Think i need a heater core - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Think i need a heater core

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Blakehenry96
1999 WJ 

Think i need a heater core

I got a WJ and I can control which I direction I want the air to blow but cold. I can put it on high it would still be cold. It blows hard just not hot air

Blakehenry96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
1320yj

I may be speaking out of turn here but a WJ is a Grand Cherokee if I am correct. The Grand Cherokee heater is controlled by an electric motor that moves the blend door . The dash control or the motor could be the problem this can be fixed without pulling the dash.However if you have a plugged heater core or a broken blend door inside the case the dash will have to come out. BIG BUCKS
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Blakehenry96
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320yj
I may be speaking out of turn here but a WJ is a Grand Cherokee if I am correct. The Grand Cherokee heater is controlled by an electric motor that moves the blend door . The dash control or the motor could be the problem this can be fixed without pulling the dash.However if you have a plugged heater core or a broken blend door inside the case the dash will have to come out. BIG BUCKS
a WJ Is a 99-04 grand cherokee so is that where it was found?
Blakehenry96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
1320yj

Its been a while but as i remember the temp control motor is mounted to the bottom or left side of the evap case, It will have a plug with multiple wires in it.I would have to dig up one of my old A/C manuals to be more specific.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.