“Thank you sir, may we have another.” - The Saga of the MetalCloak Frame Built Bumper - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > “Thank you sir, may we have another.” - The Saga of the MetalCloak Frame Built Bumper

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #121
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know, I was just crackin on XJ's! I actually think an XJ version would be great.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #122
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
Just curious, but there don't happen to be any plans in the making for an XJ version of the bumper setup, would there?
Definitely down the road. Jeepineer is focusing on the JK and CJ product lines before moving to the XJ and beyond.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #123
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Definitely down the road. Jeepineer is focusing on the JK and CJ product lines before moving to the XJ and beyond.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eye out for new info

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #124
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Get that XJ stuff out already!

Of course, I just say that cause I'm getting an XJ in a couple weeks...

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #125
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

All shots taken below by Binh Ho-Thanh

UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #126
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Mounted The Stock Fog Lights Finally

UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #127
muddernaught
2002 TJ Wrangler 

*Cough cough*

More hoop designs? Where? Come on, give us a sneak peek!
muddernaught is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #128
SC_Titan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

New pics of the grille guard options?
SC_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #129
muddernaught
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered my bumper today w/ winch guard. Drawing up a guard for matson and will with get it from them or have it fabbed custom. I spoke with matson on the phone after ordering and it was all very professional, so far it's been a solid experience.
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #130
_Kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry if this was supposed to wait, but it got me all excited!

That was posted to their FB about an hour ago.

I hereby declare that the aluminum base, full length stinger (top) with rad hoop (bottom), minicrawler caps, roller/fairlead bracket, and forward angle shackle mounts be known as K Dizzle's Build

I'm not ready to order quite yet (saving up right now for Overlines, going to be ordering those hopefully by the end of March), but when I do, will I be able to order it as raw metal? I think I'd like to paint them red rather than black, and I wouldn't have to worry about trying to touch up a powder coated paint job later on.

Thanks!

Kevin
_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #131
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

So i guess metal cloak bumpers are for mud? or looks? Who wants a bumper with that many screws on the face of it? Great its modular, so you can add stuff to it later on, but aren’t you worried about smacking a rock and knocking screw heads off?

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #132
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
So i guess metal cloak bumpers are for mud? or looks? Who wants a bumper with that many screws on the face of it? Great its modular, so you can add stuff to it later on, but aren’t you worried about smacking a rock and knocking screw heads off?
Great question. Please check the MetalCloak threads, I think you will find that we are completely dedicated to addressing customer issues with immediate corrective actions.

We have been selling the Frame Built Bumper since spring of 2009 and have not had a single warranty issue or complaint relative to "knocking screw heads off".

We design our products for rock crawlers, but man do I hope you are right about the "mud and looks" thing as that might open us up to more markets!
Jeepineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #133
diablo_331
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
The bolts are rather beefy. I can't see someone knocking one off unless they got into a head on collision with a concrete pillar.
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #134
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post

I hereby declare that the aluminum base, full length stinger (top) with rad hoop (bottom), minicrawler caps, roller/fairlead bracket, and forward angle shackle mounts be known as K Dizzle's Build

Kevin
Okay... it is official... we will make that K Dizzie's Build... but only if you buy it before someone else!

And keep a look out for our posting of all our new hoop options in the next day or so!

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:42 AM   #135
muddernaught
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Matson,

Any update on when you expect to get the black hardware in? Still waiting for my bumper to ship.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.