“Thank you sir, may we have another.” - The Saga of the MetalCloak Frame Built Bumper - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > “Thank you sir, may we have another.” - The Saga of the MetalCloak Frame Built Bumper

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 01-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #106
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport44 View Post
so how much for the fenders i mean everything all hardware for the arched fenders with a 4" fender flare. would that be enough to be legal in states where fender flares are a law. I run 33x10.50 and wonder would 4" cover them and be enough? what do i have to change up under the hood? If there is alot of changing and remounting?
Thanks for great Q's. UltimateCC is right on. The 4" are considered equivalent to stock and measure about 6" from the hood at the widest point whereas the 6" measures about 8" at the same spot.

As far as under the hood, everything goes back into place, you don't have to replace your factory equipment. As UltimateCC pointed out, you do have to bend a couple brackets, and depending on the year of your rig, you may have to drill a hole or two into the aluminum inner fenders, but that's no big deal.

I will send you a PM with all full quote.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #107
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Thanks for great Q's. UltimateCC is right on. The 4" are considered equivalent to stock and measure about 6" from the hood at the widest point whereas the 6" measures about 8" at the same spot.

As far as under the hood, everything goes back into place, you don't have to replace your factory equipment. As UltimateCC pointed out, you do have to bend a couple brackets, and depending on the year of your rig, you may have to drill a hole or two into the aluminum inner fenders, but that's no big deal.

I will send you a PM with all full quote.
thank you sir, i may purchase a set as soon as i get the money, im currently in school unless you could send me a set and i be more than product enough to represent you and your company on the East coat, lol, thanks again.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #108
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The license plate fits on there without the bracket, too... It's just a PITA to get on and off to go offroad. Once Doug makes his bracket, it'll be a lot better. For those of you that need something in the meantime though, all you need to do is drill out the holes on the license plate a little bit, and it'll fit perfectly on the cosmetic bolts. It's tilted back a lot and hard to read, but it's better than nothing.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #109
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Dendrophobe...

LOL! You've stumbled across something that we were keeping on the low down... yes those lower angle holes on the Frame-Built bumper base are for our future quick release bumper mounting system.

Unread 01-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #110
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I figured it wouldn't hurt... Doug already spilled the beans on page 7!

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #111
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
I figured it wouldn't hurt... Doug already spilled the beans on page 7!

can i see more pics of your fenders a side shot of both sides and like say an angle pic, i really really love those fenders, thanks

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #112
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This one has my entire Metalcloak setup, complete with their aluminum bumper!

edited. My Jeep's in the thread Matson posted below...

Unread 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #113
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport44 View Post
can i see more pics of your fenders a side shot of both sides and like say an angle pic, i really really love those fenders, thanks
Nice pics Doug!

Check out the pics in this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ar...6/index14.html

Also, you can check out the fan pics on our facebook page: MetalCloak | Facebook

Unread 01-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #114
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Matson let me know when your free, i gotta give you a buzz to catch up on some things
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #115
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

You can call me anytime Dan! 916-631-8071

Unread 01-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #116
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
This one has my entire Metalcloak setup, complete with their aluminum bumper!

edited. My Jeep's in the thread Matson posted below...
Hey Dendrophobe,

The Dendrophobe front light and upper recovery point bracket is done and looks good. The black zinc grade 8 bolts were do in yesterday but did not arrive. I will ship the whole mod as soon as i get the bolts.
Jeepineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #117
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You named it after me?

I can't wait to see it! I ordered the lights I intend to go in that spot, but they're backordered... I'll hopefully have them in two weeks or so. Of course, I'll get some pics to you as soon as I have it painted up and installed.

Unread 01-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #118
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just curious, but there don't happen to be any plans in the making for an XJ version of the bumper setup, would there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #119
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Difficult to have a "Frame-Built Bumper" on an XJ, isn't it?

Unread 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #120
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I meant one that looked similar, not how it mounts to the uni-body which is completely different from that of a YJ,TJ,etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.