“Thank you sir, may we have another.” - The Saga of the MetalCloak Frame Built Bumper - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > “Thank you sir, may we have another.” - The Saga of the MetalCloak Frame Built Bumper

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-15-2009, 03:16 AM   #76
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

it never ends, unlimited amount of options

UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #77
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

What is the difference between these two popular Frame-Built Bumper configurations? One weighs in at 40 lbs, and one is only 23 lbs.

The question for you is... how?

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #78
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

is it aluminum?
Unread 12-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #79
diablo_331
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
How does a MetalCloak Frame-Built bumper go from 40 pounds to 23 pounds?

Answer coming soon!
I hate u if you're making an aluminum bumper....I hate you soooo bad Matson...
Unread 12-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #80
jondotcom
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What is the difference between these two popular Frame-Built Bumper configurations? One weighs in at 40 lbs, and one is only 23 lbs.

The question for you is... how?

Is one on another planet?
Unread 12-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #81
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 12-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #82
ace2001

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Matson, I might be ordering ALL new stuff again in the next month or so. My Jeep was stolen this morning. I am hoping the Cops find it.
Unread 12-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #83
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace2001 View Post
Matson, I might be ordering ALL new stuff again in the next month or so. My Jeep was stolen this morning. I am hoping the Cops find it.
DAMN! How pathetic is that?!?!? The thief ought to be dragged behind a Jeep across the Rubicon!

Unread 12-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #84
ace2001

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
DAMN! How pathetic is that?!?!? The thief ought to be dragged behind a Jeep across the Rubicon!
Yeah man, your tellin me. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do if I have to start from scratch. Maybe LJ maybe JK. We'll see.
Unread 12-29-2009, 07:33 AM   #85
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Aluminum

Ace, that sucks... Good luck getting it back! I hope the thieves rot in hell...

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #86
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

How possible is it to have the stubby bumper with it running up along the grill and up under the fender. This would help protect the grill and fender but leave the tire clear to get on an obstacle
I like the idea of the bumper being as narrow as possible. I planned on cutting my stock bumper down. I like being able to get my tire on an obstacle without out anything I the way but what concerns me is how vulnerable it makes my fender. I wouldn’t want a stinger sticking out any further than the bumper. Often for uphill pulls I will situate myself behind and up against a tree to keep myself anchored. Having a stinger sticking out would be in the way. I have armor on my jeep but never seen a front bumper worth buying. Seem they are all too big. If I want a stubby bumper I could just cut down the stock bumper or even remove it. By adding minimal but effective grill and fender protection that would be of value to me. As far as material, wouldn’t have to be aluminum and as far as finish don’t. Even with powder coating I will have to touch it up with a rattle can. Don’t need to waste money on powder coating.

How possible is it to have the stubby bumper head up along the grill and up under the fender. This would help protect the grill and fender but leave the tire clear to get on an obstacle. Lines show the bumper.

________OO _________ bumper is just below fenders

tires \__Winch__/ tires

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #87
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

So when are the aluminum bumpers going up for sale? You may just get another order out of me!
rsbmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #88
rastadog

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry if this an obvious question but does a winch bolt DIRECTLY to the bumper? Do I need a winch plate? Is it also possible to get the bolts matte or powdercoated so they're not all shiny? I love the bumper but not the "WWII airplane wing rivet thing" going on. I've got a black jeep and want very little shiny things on it.

really nice work!!!
rastadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #89
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastadog View Post
Sorry if this an obvious question but does a winch bolt DIRECTLY to the bumper? Do I need a winch plate? Is it also possible to get the bolts matte or powdercoated so they're not all shiny? I love the bumper but not the "WWII airplane wing rivet thing" going on. I've got a black jeep and want very little shiny things on it.

really nice work!!!
One thing I've learned in this industry... there are no obvious questions!

Yes, the base of the bumper is pre-drilled and designed to fit most winches.

As for the bolts, we are now offering Black Zinc Grade 8 Bolts as a standard with the Black Frame-Built Base. It will take a few days to get the website updated as well as the pics to show how the black bolts look, and we are about a week out on delivery of them, but you can order any bumper now and we will make sure you have the black bolts if you want them.

Unread 12-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #90
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
So when are the aluminum bumpers going up for sale? You may just get another order out of me!
We will have the Aluminum base on our website later today... as well as a more detailed announcement.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.