Tell me a time when your Jeep made you feel cool... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Tell me a time when your Jeep made you feel cool...

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 11-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #31
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive
This was last winter. We got like 2 ft of snow in Philly. Neighbors were all trying to dig thier cars out of the snow, as i was driving down the street most people stopped and were giving me dirty looks(city people). So I pulled into my driveway like this. They were pissed.lol
You must have felt cold not cool with no doors. Haha

1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #32
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

lets see....that time when we where out on the trail and it was flooded (very muddy) and i was the middle vehicle and the trucks with their 3"+ lifts and M/T's barely made it through and me and my stock jeep with street tires did not get stuck, and the water was probably up to my headlights.

other times when my wj is covered in mud and people be looking...haha
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #33
Pelikan
2013 JK Wrangler 

I never tire of the satisfaction I get when pulling a Hummer out of a mud hole.
2013 JKU, billet (silver), Teraflex 2.5" llift, Teraflex lcr's, ATX Artillery wheels, 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper, Rock Hard front bumper w/ Warn M8000, N-Fab nerf bars, OR-Fab swingout tire carrier
Pelikan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #34
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I felt cool few years back coming home one night during a heavy storm. There was a section of roadway that was flooded about 2 feet deep. A couple had driven into it not being able to see it with the poor visibility. The engine was hydro locked. They asked me to get them out. The front of the car was underwater. Unable to hook up the tow strap, I pushed them out bumper to bumper. Once they were out, I hooked up the tow strap and towed them home which was nearby. I drove back past the flooded area and there was another vehicle that hit the exact spot and had also hydro locked. At that point another motorist and I called police to block off the roadway and helped to divert traffic to prevent more people from hydro locking or crashing into the other stranded vehicles.

I refused any compensation from the couple I towed out, but I got 40 bucks shoved in my pocket anyway
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #35
Atticus
1990 YJ Wrangler 

As someone else already said - every time I drive it. I've had 4X4 somethings most of my life. No one ever gave me a second glance when I drove a truck through deep snow or water. I recently bought a 1990 wrangler, that is kind of a beater, but it sits tall and looks great from 10 feet away (looks great to me even close up, in spite of the things wrong with it...but that's probably the new parent thing).
We had a really nice day a week or so ago and I was out cruising around. I was stopped at a stoplight and a couple of families were crossing the street. Two of the little girls in the group (probably 8 years old or so) looked at my jeep and both of them gave me the thumbs up sign. It's the little things that make an old married man like me happy these days.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #36
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

When it snowed pretty bad down here last winter, I was approaching a bridge on a 4-lane road and only one lane on each side was cleared, meaning traffic was heavy and slow in the clear lane. I crossed through the snow and ice side, then looked back and some goober in an Explorer had tried to follow me and spun out

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #37
Auburnfan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The best for me, we just finished eating and were fixing to get in the Jeep and I saw a little boy, maybe 7 or 8, was staring at the Jeep and told his dad "look daddy at how awesome and big that Jeep, you should get one like that". I started laughing as they started getting into their H2
[B][I][COLOR="Navy"]A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]In the 80's we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope , and Johnny Cash.
Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Auburnfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #38
matthewh_1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pulling into a parking lot once, a young kid was walking with his dad, and. I heard him say "monster truck" as he was looking at my Jeep.

And one time we had a really windy snowstorm, so there were huge drifts everywhere. Me and some buddies were driving around, everytime we saw someone stuck we would get out and push them out, and then plow through the deepest spot in the drift where they were just stuck
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post
When a girl tells you your flex is sexy then you are doing something right in life.
matthewh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #39
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It was a warm summer day when I was driving slowly through a parking lot looking for a parking space... no doors, no top, big lift, big tires... Beach Boys singing Little Deuce Coupe just loud enough. Guy about my age sitting in his minivan looked at my Jeep, me driving it, and back at the Jeep, while grinning and shaking his head. Jeep envy, right there.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #40
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

Crossing an intersection last summer, a little kid and his mom were in an older Suzuki Samuri just staring at me as I went across. Gave them the "Jeep Wave" and it looked like that kid's smile was wrapped clear behind his ears as he was waving back. Mom was pretty happy too ;-). You could just see how thrilled they were that a "real jeep" had waved at them.
Unread 11-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #41
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I felt pretty cool when I pulled a Mac Truck and trailer out of a granite quarry at midnight during a blizzard with my YJ. I did it while naked with one tow strap and visibility was low. I was alone. My Jeep shuttered and shook, but she kept going until the Mac truck crested the ridge of the quarry and suddenly the tow strap snapped sending the truck and trailer plunging back into the quarry. Just then A band of angels appeared and caught the truck just before it hit the bottom; and they brought it up and gently rested it on the frozen and frost bitten ground near my Jeep. The sky lit up with fireworks and the angels sang. And I hollered at the top of my lungs out of joy as my chest hair blew in the wind. After giving each angel a high five, (the next more epic than the last) I opened the doors to the trailer, my muscles flexing and twitching as the frozen bolt and hinges gave way. I broke the door off the trailer, and 100 needy Guatemalan children rushed out of the back. I directed them to my jeep where there was enough clothes to keep all of the children warm. As soon as I was satisfied that each child was warm enough, I reached into the glove box and pulled out enough food to fill them all with 3000 pounds of food left over.

Yah. I felt pretty cool...

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #42
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

When I pulled up to a bunch of cub scouts selling popcorn to give them a donation and all they could talk about was how awesome my Jeep was!!

Made me feel good to be able to donate and give them something to talk about.

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
AstroZombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2011, 01:22 AM   #43
DrChilliWillie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just last weekend a couple friends and I were driving in some big bark piles and when my friend got stuck in his land rover up to the axles i just hooks up a tow strap and pulled him half way out until my bumper got bent (stock Bumper).
DrChilliWillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #44
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When my 14 y/o tells me to pick her up from high school in the jeep with the doors off
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #45
wildmandylan
1998 ZJ 

When we were wheeling, an my friend has a Z71 on 35's gets stuck so I bog the worst part of the hole, get around him an watch him hook up the tow rope while I pull him through mud that he was stuck in.
I drive a ZJ on 4.5 RC with 33's
It's a jeep thing
wildmandylan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.