Superwinch LP8500 for $320..Good deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Superwinch LP8500 for $320..Good deal?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
UnlimitedJDB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Superwinch LP8500 for $320..Good deal?

I'm in the marked for a decent low use winch, and before you all say "get a used warn" I have looked and there is nothing locally right now, and I'm not into buy a used winch sight unseen.

ANYWAYS, CT just had LP8500 on sale for $320 and were out of stock, but I have a rain check so now I have time to decide if it is a good buy. Seems like a good winch for the price and the reviews are mixed, but no red flags, so the question is: For $320 will this winch perform well enough for 3-4 times a year user?

Option B is a Titan, but it is $200 more, and might be overkill for my needs.

Thoughts?

UnlimitedJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
That's a decent winch, especially for the price. I have the Superwinch Epi9 and it has never let me down.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
liventoride
2014 JK Wrangler 

I run that exact same winch and it's been fine for me. No problems so far any of the times I've used it. Can seem a little slow on longer pulls but I would get it again if this one broke.
Unread 11-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
UnlimitedJDB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok, well that is enough to make me want to go for it. And the supplier has a really good return policy so it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the input.
UnlimitedJDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.