Superflow MV-50 vs Harbor Freight's 93186 "12V High Volume Compressor" test results - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Superflow MV-50 vs Harbor Freight's 93186 "12V High Volume Compressor" test results

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
Hip2u77
2012 JK Wrangler 

Superflow MV50 vs Harbor Freight's 93186 "12V High Volume Compressor" test results

Superflow MV50

Maximum Volts: 12-13.8
Maximum Amps: 30a
Maximum Air Flow: 72 Liters per minute
120 PSI maximum.
Continuous use: 40 Minutes maximum

vs.

Harbor Freight's "High Volume Compressor" Model 93186.

Maximum Volts: 12V
Maximum Amps: 30a
150 PSI maximum.
Maximum Flow Rate: 2.54 CFM
Air Output: 1.35 CFM @ 40 PSI, 1.05 CFM @ 90 PSI
Continuous use: 40 Minutes maximum.

Tested them on our '07 Unlimited Rubicon's 32's. (255/75/17)

Both were brand new and ran for 30 seconds with no load to make sure they sounded ok. Both were run off the battery as designed, with the Jeep running, and both had their factory air filters installed.

I decided that it was better to just test them both for a set amount of time rather than how long it takes to fill a tire as most people have different sized tires. I lowered the air in both front tires then tested the Superflow on the front right, and the Harbor Freight on the front left. (Back to back, not together.) The Jeep had been sitting for 5 hours in a 65 degree garage before the test. Moved it outside for the tests. The temperature was 47 degrees.

I used two digital gauges and one analog to verify the results. (Neither gauge on the compressors read the correct PSI. The Harbor Freight one was off by 1 PSI and the Superflow by 5 PSI.

Start pressure 19 psi (Was supposed to be 20, but I goofed.)

Two minute clock time:

Superflow = 37 PSI

Harbor Freight = 32 PSI (It took another 30+ seconds to get to 37.)

So there you have it. The Superflow is the faster compressor. (And it just sounds like it's faster and of a better quality. Really solid sounding unit.)

Hip

Last edited by Hip2u77; 11-11-2006 at 04:38 PM..
Hip2u77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
Grubbi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear this, I bought one of the MV50's today at Pep Boys. Actually there part number is MF-1050 as someone mentioned in the other thread.
It was only $60, so not too bad.
Terrain Stompers Jeep Club Cincinnati, Ohio
Grubbi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.