Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

super 35 kit vs.axle swap

3K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  MCracco 
#1 ·
i've seen the super 35 kits that take care of one weakness of the d35.an axle truss takes care of the other.what are the advantages to an axle swap vs beefing up the d35(c clip)?is it even worth the trouble?any input would be very helpful. :confused:

#27 ·
The money required to "upgrade" the D35 would be damn close to the price of an upgrade axle. An upgraded D35 is still a D35, small carrier, small gears, weak tubes, and the list goes on. Carry some stock spare axles and save for an upgrade IMO.

#28 ·
Originally posted by rayray:
I've been very happy with my super35 kit. With the exception of one thing. You can't get spares!!! Superior will not split up the "kit". I called Drivetrail Direct and they basically laughed when I asked for a spare. So I called Superior. They said that since the super 35 was a kit that they would not split it up. When I pushed a little more, they said they would check into it more and call back. They never did. Just a little FYI.
That would push me off the fence in the direction of the 8.8. Along the same line, if you do manage to break a shaft no one on the trail or in town will have a replacement either.

BTW, after selling off my D35 parts the 8.8 in my Grand cost around $850.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.