Steering issue... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Steering issue...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
MrOneEyedBoh

Steering issue...

Hey guys,
Ive got a new issue now with the jeep... ( whats new ) today I went out and flexed her out to get measurements for my new bumpstops. Everything went okay. then driving home I noticed the jeep is now pulling to the right. Not super hard, but hard enough to seem like an alignment issue. Anyone know where to start? I heard my trackbar mount bushing ( steel bushing ) making some squeaking after I flexed her out, but then I got home and greased her some and she stopped. But liek I said its pulling now to the right. Any idea?

p.s. I also noticed that my belt was squealing a bit too. Like never did it before, now its pulling and squealing. Could the belt be too tight since I adjusted it last week? ( havent driven ti since ) Could the squealing be the best is too loose?

btw, I just did a dirveway alignment and it was out abit but still didnt fix the issue. Its not as bad now, but it could also be in my head that its not as bad..

I think the problem started lastnight when I flexed it out. Could the camber or something else be off? I have long arms, and I checked the hemi joints and all looks good. The tires are TSL radials and are fairly new at 19/18-32'nds

1997 XJ Sport AW4 4.0L 7 in Rusty's Long Arm ( Rear leafs are Rusty's 6.5 leaf packs, Front spring are RC 6.5 coils with 2" spacers ), Quigley's driveshafts, AA SYE, D30HP locked w/Spartan and w/Alloy tube seals, Chrysler 8.25w/Aussie, T&T Trac-bar w/bracket, Rusty's steering box brace. Bilstein 5100 series shocks, 36 TSL radials.
MrOneEyedBoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.