Southern California Jeep insurance question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Southern California Jeep insurance question

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
RallyeX
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Southern California Jeep insurance question

I have a 2005 Jeep Rubicon TJ and I have added 19,803 dollars in upgrades. So far I can't find a company that will insure it. They said no because all of my parts are more than what the actual Jeep is worth.

So far 21st said 6000 max
AAA said no
California Casualty said yes but won't give it to me in writing.

So how have you insured your modified Jeeps and got it in writing that they will cover it.

Thanks

RallyeX

RallyeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had nothing extra covered with AAA on my TJ and it had even more on it than yours does. My TJ was stolen in March and they covered far more than they were obligated to, probably double what they were required to pay. I've heard of others having similar experiences with AAA. I'm not leaving AAA, I was treated more than fairly by them, they were amazing. They even hired an independent adjuster who knew Jeeps and he really helped. All I did was provide them a very detailed Excel spreadsheet with every item on it with links and prices paid, plus photos of most the items on my TJ with copies of as many receipts as I could find. That was enough for AAA to know my TJ wasn't the usual loss claim which prompted them to hire the independent claims adjuster who, again, really knew Jeeps and the brands of parts I had installed.

I still didn't get enough to fully cover my losses but I came out a LOT better off having had AAA than any other insurance company based on what the independent adjuster told me. He told me I would have been screwed with Progressive, State Farm, Geico, etc.. When AAA called me afterwards to ask how I felt the process went, I basically told them AAA has a customer for life. They really took care of me.

Something I did not know until after all this... AAA is a not-for-profit company, it is owned by us insureds. A mutual in other words.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
it had even more on it than yours does.
Wow! you really had more than $20K in aftermarket parts on that?

AAA already said no.

I had state farm. I paid 10K for the 02 TJ (bought in 07), drove it for 2 years, put ~4000 in mods. When it was stolen, i also billed them for my labor at $50/hr (~2500). they paid out $16,500.
jgorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
RallyeX
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ok

St Clair wanted 395 a month to insure the jeep for a value of 40,0000

Gieco said no on the parts

AAA said no to all the parts

State farm said they would in sure the Jeep with parts for far value. (a used jeep with similar parts)

21st 6000 max on parts

So when we called California Casualty - They will insure the jeep with all the aftermarket parts, our Corvette with all the after market parts, my step daughters Tacoma truck with tires and rims and our house insurnace , earthquake, fire and unlimited towing , rental car. $100 deductible. FOR THE YEAR WE ARE SAVING $2,860 compared to all the insurance that we had.

Last edited by RallyeX; 05-20-2010 at 04:56 PM..
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
jeepw99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

you might want to check Progressive with a state amount policy.
jeepw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
RallyeX
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepw99 View Post
you might want to check Progressive with a state amount policy.
I went with California Casualty.

RallyeX

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.