Soft Top or Hard Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Soft Top or Hard Top

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
2013JKRubicon
2013 JK Wrangler 

Soft Top or Hard Top

I don't know if this topic has been asked,but I'll put it out there what's your preference on tops,would you rather put up with the sticky zippers or unbolt the the hard top or the the new JK freedom tops

2013JKRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

at first it was the hard top dance. that gets old real fast. i left the freedom panels on(best bikini top ever). then the door dance that gets old as well. went to two part soft doors. rear i went with a tonocover with the wind blocker. looks more like a pickup now. that is the way its been now about two years. No matter were i am i can be open or closed and have it with me.

with the windows in the back under the cover as well as the 35"

so now I have a hardtop and full doors sitting, collecting dust and taking up space.
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

i do both. it gets really cold here so i have my hardtop on year round. insulated and 2 heaters inside so it stays warm. i use the fabric doors with it and take them off as i like in the summer. for me, it's the best of both worlds.
Unread 02-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

I personally have and use both. I use a hoist to store my hardtop during warmer months.

The hardtop can be tricky to remove if you dont have a hoist due to size and weight. If you get varied weather like here (high of 20 on tuesday, 70 on saturday) the freedom panels can pop out to enjoy the warmer weather.

The softtop I've never had issues with sticking zippers on my 05 and obviously not the 13 I drive now. The greatest concern is caring for the windows when you remove them to lower the top.

If I didn't have both, I'd prefer the softtop due to a longer warm season here.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #5
408jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have both a hardtop and a soft top and I only use my soft top now and my hardtop is just collecting dust
408jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Both

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.