Snorkel - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Snorkel

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Reply
Unread 06-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
mtkrado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5
Snorkel

I'm looking to put a snorkel on my 2013 JK and I've been looking at different snorkels and I feel like the AEV would be a great choice, the only problem I see is the snorkel not being able to fit with my Rugged ridge Sherpa rack being that it mounts to the windshield brackets. Anyone have any advice?

mtkrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #2
mtkrado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5
image-991655058.jpg
mtkrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com
 
XTRyan's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkrado View Post
I'm looking to put a snorkel on my 2013 JK and I've been looking at different snorkels and I feel like the AEV would be a great choice, the only problem I see is the snorkel not being able to fit with my Rugged ridge Sherpa rack being that it mounts to the windshield brackets. Anyone have any advice?
Snorkels and roof racks often clash. They like to occupy the same space on the windshield frame. You could go with something like the Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Snorkel and use the low mount. That won't interfere.

Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
mtkrado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRyan
Snorkels and roof racks often clash. They like to occupy the same space on the windshield frame. You could go with something like the Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Snorkel and use the low mount. That won't interfere. Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote! -Ryan
I've seen the rugged ridge snorkel with the roof rack mounted with the high mount and it works so maybe that's my best option then, thank you
mtkrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
schitzangiggles
King of Macastan
 
schitzangiggles's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Rigby, Idaho, Macastan (Idaho)
Posts: 6,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkrado View Post
I've seen the rugged ridge snorkel with the roof rack mounted with the high mount and it works so maybe that's my best option then, thank you
I can't for the life of me figure out why no one has thought to incorporate the snorkel into the PAX side bar that runs up the windshield.
__________________
"Axeheads are supposed to be sharp, but you are one blunt tool."
FLynes



If you love wealth more than liberty,the tranquility of servitude more than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains sit lightly on your shoulders and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-Samual Adams

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.
Thomas Jefferson

Calling Illegal Aliens "Undocumented Immigrants" is like calling drug dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
"No one provokes (attacks) me with impunity".


"Your right, the Tea Party and the OWS are the same, just like the America Revolution and the French Revolution were the same. The only problem is the American Revolution ended with Liberty, Freedom, Justice for all and a shining light upon a hill. The French Revolution ended with lynchings, guillotines, murder and socialism. So yeah, I could see how one could confuse the two..."

Mac Wilson
schitzangiggles is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.