Smog pump, good for anything? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Smog pump, good for anything?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Indy

Smog pump, good for anything?

I pulled all the air/smog pump bits and pieces off my build engine yesterday and chucked it in the junk pile. Is there any real use for this thing? I don't think they flow enough air for oba, but surely someone has thought of something to do with them.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
88blaster
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am assuming that this is on a carberatored motor, of which case, your good. I'm not sure how fuel injected motors are without air pumps.

Of course your not going to pass emissions like this.
88blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
RedJeepXJ

saw something a while ago, they can push a lot of air and can be used as a makeshift turbo for a go kart or any small engine

http://karting.4cycle.com/archive/index.php?t-5393.html
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.