small susp. lift w/body lift or all susp? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > small susp. lift w/body lift or all susp?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-02-2001, 03:50 PM   #1
I-4

small susp. lift w/body lift or all susp?

what kind of lift would be better? i am trying to get 33's under my yj.a 2.5 suspension lift with a 2 inch body lift?or go for a 4 to 4.5 inch suspension lift?i still like to drive my jeep on a daily basis.i am not trying to buld a rubicon type jeep,but do want to go a few more places that a stock yj just can't quite get.what has everyone else done?thanks for your help.

Unread 09-06-2001, 04:18 PM   #2
BurlyJ10

hey man , whatever ur building, in my opinion its always better to get a suspesion lift first, then if you still want bigger do a body, but they are not as safe after years of abuse. and since urs is a daily driver you want it safe all the time. not saying b-lifts arent safe, just not as safe as a suspension.
K&N Filter, Custom 3" exhaust
Interior mods= Sunpro tach, clarion stereo, Clarion 6-1/2 coaxials, polk tweeters,two alpine 10" subs
Proud member of the "Creepers Jeepers Gang" of Durango CO, my home town.
BurlyJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2001, 07:11 PM   #3
I-4

fdrom reading on other bb's,i've heard the same thing!thanks for your input.if so many are saying it,it is probably true!
Unread 09-13-2001, 08:46 PM   #4
my litte red yj

well not to be against any lift but i would rather put a susp lift before i install a body lift just like the outher person said if you use it as a daily driver just like i do it will put some wear on the mounts(body) no matter what anybody says you do raise the center of gravity as what as i was told. i was going to do the same thing but i left mine stock :cool lus you have to take in account gearing, engine size,
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2001, 10:11 PM   #5
kegmaster
1996 XJ Cherokee 

A suspension lift will do you better off road, but cost more. A budget boost cost only $70 but you have a few mods to do, life grinding here and there. Either will give you height you want, it just depeds on how much you want to spend.
Unread 09-20-2001, 11:00 PM   #6
I-4

yeah, i decided to do it right,rather than 1/2 way do it.i'm gonna go with the susp. lift first.if that is not big enough,might look at a bl.will certainly have to address the gears,axles and other issues.there is plenty of time for that.i'm just doing it piece by piece as there is time and $.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.