small susp. lift w/body lift or all susp? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > small susp. lift w/body lift or all susp?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 09-02-2001, 03:50 PM   #1
I-4

small susp. lift w/body lift or all susp?

what kind of lift would be better? i am trying to get 33's under my yj.a 2.5 suspension lift with a 2 inch body lift?or go for a 4 to 4.5 inch suspension lift?i still like to drive my jeep on a daily basis.i am not trying to buld a rubicon type jeep,but do want to go a few more places that a stock yj just can't quite get.what has everyone else done?thanks for your help.

Unread 09-06-2001, 04:18 PM   #2
BurlyJ10

hey man , whatever ur building, in my opinion its always better to get a suspesion lift first, then if you still want bigger do a body, but they are not as safe after years of abuse. and since urs is a daily driver you want it safe all the time. not saying b-lifts arent safe, just not as safe as a suspension.
K&N Filter, Custom 3" exhaust
Interior mods= Sunpro tach, clarion stereo, Clarion 6-1/2 coaxials, polk tweeters,two alpine 10" subs
Proud member of the "Creepers Jeepers Gang" of Durango CO, my home town.
BurlyJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2001, 07:11 PM   #3
I-4

fdrom reading on other bb's,i've heard the same thing!thanks for your input.if so many are saying it,it is probably true!
Unread 09-13-2001, 08:46 PM   #4
my litte red yj

well not to be against any lift but i would rather put a susp lift before i install a body lift just like the outher person said if you use it as a daily driver just like i do it will put some wear on the mounts(body) no matter what anybody says you do raise the center of gravity as what as i was told. i was going to do the same thing but i left mine stock :cool lus you have to take in account gearing, engine size,
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2001, 10:11 PM   #5
kegmaster
1996 XJ Cherokee 

A suspension lift will do you better off road, but cost more. A budget boost cost only $70 but you have a few mods to do, life grinding here and there. Either will give you height you want, it just depeds on how much you want to spend.
Unread 09-20-2001, 11:00 PM   #6
I-4

yeah, i decided to do it right,rather than 1/2 way do it.i'm gonna go with the susp. lift first.if that is not big enough,might look at a bl.will certainly have to address the gears,axles and other issues.there is plenty of time for that.i'm just doing it piece by piece as there is time and $.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.