Shocks...did I get everything that was included? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Shocks...did I get everything that was included?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTruc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 12-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
vikingxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Shocks...did I get everything that was included?

I bought these shocks, but I can't find the blue things anywhere. Are they a "purchase seperately" item?
Thanks.

Soon: 3.5" RE Lift, 31" BFG MTs

[QUOTE=FML]Today, I saw a friend in the street but he didn't see me, so as a joke I decided to ring him. He took his mobile out of his pocket, sighed and didn't pick up. FML[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NEVERSWEAT]I march right back into the laundry room open up her wash machine and grab the prettiest panties I could immediately find to sniff the crouch out of.
Who should walk through the door as I am wearing these damn things like a gas mask but her.. [/QUOTE]
vikingxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
mylt1

yes, most placed the boots are extra.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

When I bought my Rough Country shocks they were sold seperately....but I actually got them for free as a promotion/sale thing.

Usually around $4-5 a piece
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those are shock boots, I don't know where you ordered from but I checked out 4wd.com and looked up those shocks and it said shock boot not included

You can see if these will fit, or maybe you can find some cheaper
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16021_XX_PG.htm
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You don't really need the boots. A lot of guys feel they just trap crap inside the boot. The rods don't rust, and dirt doesn't stick well to them anyway, so the next shock travel cleans the rods fine.
Unread 12-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
p-rev
2000 TJ Wrangler 

x2 shock boots are extra. i would recommend returning those if you can because the es3000 ride rough as ****.
p-rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
vikingxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
You don't really need the boots. A lot of guys feel they just trap crap inside the boot. The rods don't rust, and dirt doesn't stick well to them anyway, so the next shock travel cleans the rods fine.
I was going to get them because I think they look nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-rev View Post
x2 shock boots are extra. i would recommend returning those if you can because the es3000 ride rough as ****.
How rough do they ride? Worse than stock? What kind would you recommend?
Thanks!

Soon: 3.5" RE Lift, 31" BFG MTs

[QUOTE=FML]Today, I saw a friend in the street but he didn't see me, so as a joke I decided to ring him. He took his mobile out of his pocket, sighed and didn't pick up. FML[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NEVERSWEAT]I march right back into the laundry room open up her wash machine and grab the prettiest panties I could immediately find to sniff the crouch out of.
Who should walk through the door as I am wearing these damn things like a gas mask but her.. [/QUOTE]
vikingxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingxj View Post
I was going to get them because I think they look nice.
Form Follows Function.
Unread 12-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
p-rev
2000 TJ Wrangler 

from my experience the procomp 3000s rode worse than stock. i currently have rancho 9000s and they ride pretty good. from what ive heard if you have the money OMEs or RE monotubes are great, or skyjacker hydros are supposed to be a good value.
p-rev is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.