Sanden OBA Oiler? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Sanden OBA Oiler?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-14-2006, 02:29 AM   #1
jeepfury

Sanden OBA Oiler?

Ok I am just buttoning up my OBA system with the sanden but noticed something. I am currently using a Craftsman in-line tool oiler on the intake side of my sanden and I don't think its feeding right? The compressor got pretty hot after running it for about 4-5minutes. Is that normal? It seemed to have used very little oil also. Is that normal too? I am using Ignersoll Rand All season synthetic compressor oil if that matters. Also should I be able to run the sanden on pretty heavy duty cycles or no? If anyone thats knows of sanden OBA or has one and could shed some light on my questions that would be awesome.

This is the exact oiler I have on the Intake side of my sanden http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes
Is there a better one than this?

00 Cherokee Classic- Stock
jeepfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #2
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i used a drip feed oiler meant for a compressor for mine. got it at Lowes for like 10 bucks. when the compressor is running you should see oil flowing through the lubricator, if you don't see oil flowing in, it aint working right. you have it hooked up on the air in line to the compressor right?
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I started off using one like the one you are using. It did not work right for me either. Now I am using this one. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=42035 You can split them up and use the oiler to oil the compresser and the dryer to take it out.
Unread 05-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS
I started off using one like the one you are using. It did not work right for me either. Now I am using this one. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=42035 You can split them up and use the oiler to oil the compresser and the dryer to take it out.
you can split these? THey have a few different version at HF right now, but they were useless to me without splitting. Looks like I'm going back there again, even though I already did my weekly stroll.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #5
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes you can split them. The only problem I have had is the regulater/dryer where the knob is to adjust leaked I used some teflon tape and tighten down. It seems to work alright now.
Unread 05-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #6
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS
Yes you can split them. The only problem I have had is the regulater/dryer where the knob is to adjust leaked I used some teflon tape and tighten down. It seems to work alright now.
you mean you didnt use teflon the first time? no wonder it leaked. I used teflon paste on all my connections, no leaks at all anywhere
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ
you mean you didnt use teflon the first time? no wonder it leaked. I used teflon paste on all my connections, no leaks at all anywhere
I thought he was referring to the factory assembled part where the regulator adjustment knob is.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2006, 07:31 AM   #8
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes I was refering to the factory assembled part.
Unread 05-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #9
RARECJ8

i've used one of these for many years with no issues. very clean and no mess. as for lubing my sanden, i annually unscrew the top bolt and just squirt in a few inches of grease.

simple.

good luck

http://www.powertank.com/products/sfID1/16/productID/60

mb

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.