Rough Country delivery... ugh... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Rough Country delivery... ugh...

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 08-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
MotoPhotog
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Rough Country delivery... ugh...

Hi all, yes, I'm new here. Flame on if you will, I'm new to offroading, new to jeeping. I have a 1990 YJ I'm in the beginning stages of building. Last Wednesday I ordered a bunch of stuff from Rough Country. 4" lift kit, among about 4 other things, anyway, I get a call from good ol dad, had the parts shipped to his place where the shop is, and this is what arrives.

Everything else was boxed. The leaf springs are shipped out in the open with a plastic sleeve. As you can see. 2 of the 3 leaf springs had a sleeve. 1 DIDNT even have a damn shipping address, but luckily my UPS driver had a brain to realize it went with the other 2. The 4th is off in la-la UPS land... no idea where. So 2 of the 4 leaf springs arrived WITH shipping labels. Awesome huh? I took Tuesday/Wednesday to work on this with dad and now it wont be here til thurs most likely.

Upon calling back, I felt like I was bothering Daryl, I gave him the missing part number at 9am Saturday morning. He said, "well ok, we'll have that shipped out Monday morning." No apology. Bad taste in the mouth for just dropping like $1,200 dollars on suspension at the store.

MotoPhotog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You spent $1200 for suspension?

I'm so confused.
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
MotoPhotog
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a lot of things, that wasn't really the main point of the grumble though?
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Um. Welcome to jeepforum!
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
djfred
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I think RC has shipping issues. My cousin ordered a 4" lift kit as well and his came in the same packaging.
The leafs springs where naked just as you pictured with labels. 3 out of the 4 leafs arrived on time and 4th was missing as said by UPS,
called up the company and let them know the issue they said well ship you out a new one.
They did and that arrived in 3 days then 2 weeks later UPS found the package and sent it over.

Looks like this a known issue by them.
Front D30 (4.88 w/ Powertrax No-Slip) -- Rear 8.8 (4.88 w/ ARB) -- Front Custom Bumper -- Custom Side Rock Guards -- Dual Snorkel (Coming Soon)
djfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
MotoPhotog
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfred View Post
I think RC has shipping issues. My cousin ordered a 4" lift kit as well and his came in the same packaging.
The leafs springs where naked just as you pictured with labels. 3 out of the 4 leafs arrived on time and 4th was missing as said by UPS,
called up the company and let them know the issue they said well ship you out a new one.
They did and that arrived in 3 days then 2 weeks later UPS found the package and sent it over.

Looks like this a known issue by them.
Thanks Fred, yeah, I was also posting this in case anyone that works there may see it. I mean... 50% of the labels coming off? That's pretty bad. Time for a system change! We KNEW we couldn't be the only ones!

As said, quality looks good. We'll see how it goes once it arrives.
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like you are missing one of the rear springs (the one with the shim attached using the centerbolt).
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #8
Dake

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Years ago 1996 I got a super lift it was shipped the same way.
Unread 08-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #9
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

bought my lift for my grand and was VERY happy with everything, also mitch at RC gave me a 10% discount for being JF member..

94chb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #10
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

How else are they supposed to ship them in a padded crate? You are going to put 3K pounds on them continuously for years and bash them into things and you are concerned how UPS is treating them? What exactly are you concerned about?

Did you get an ETA on the shipping? Is it possible these are early and not that the rest are late? If anyone boxes leaf springs they are just wasting cardboard.
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #11
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what the problem here is.....

#1 I understand one of the springs is MIA but for the shipping that's how springs typically are shipped.
#2 If you paid $1,200 on stuff from RC, I'm truly sorry and hope you can learn from that poor decision.
#3 This is not tech.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #12
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

FYI, Alcan Springs will ship out leaf springs the same way. So your mad at Rough Country for how UPS handled your shipment...
RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
You spent $1200 for suspension?

I'm so confused.
^^^ This

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaniel2405 View Post
So your mad at Rough Country for how UPS handled your shipment...
And That ^^^

http://www.thejeephut.com/1987-1996-...rough-country/

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #14
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum. It is always good to know where you stand with a company as far as their customer service. While it isn't tech I think you can post search here and find a list of companies that are no longer around or companies that have improved because of customer feed back.

Just curious, what is on the shopping list? What are you doing to the heap?
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #15
jimbos76cj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ive always shipped springs like that.. I clean the area where the shipping label goes, apply label then wrap it in tape.. never had an issue except for them arriving at different times. I guess when they get sorted if they are not in the exact place in the truck they can get separated a little.
88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.