Rookie offroader question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Rookie offroader question

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
nick94wrangler

Rookie offroader question

Just bought a Wrangler about a month ago and didn't waste any time gettin her dirty. Only problem, or may not be a problem at all is when it's in 4x4 and I turn the wheels all the way right or left is shakes and hops, is that just because the joints aren't supposed to be turned that hard, or do I have some kind of problem?

nick94wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
yyoon

Normal binding of the drive train. Try not to do that on the pavement.
yyoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 07:27 AM   #3
smartshot
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 

are you turning on pavement?
smartshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
nick94wrangler

No, just talking about in the mud. I figured it wouldn't be good for it to turn real hard in 4x4 on asphalt. Thanks for the responses though.
nick94wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #5
hawaii
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Depending on the traction in the mud, it may still do that. It needs to alleviate the binding so the wheels hop to spin it out. They less traction you have the less the wheel will hop to spin.
hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.