Replacement Soft Top on Ebay?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Replacement Soft Top on Ebay??

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 10-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
farmboy555
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Replacement Soft Top on Ebay??

Need to replace my softop on my 97 TJ. Has anyone purchased one off Ebay? Looking for some feedback on replacement tops.

farmboy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Since you'd be spending a bit of cash, I would go to a parts place to buy one - in store or online. That way, if there's an issue, you have recourse. With eBay, returning or exchanging is like pulling teeth. Oh, and you won't get your shipping cost reimbursed in any situation. On some smaller or less expensive items, eBay is great.

If you insist on Ebay, make sure to pay with Paypal. They will "try" to help you resolve any issues. And besides (with eBay) if you buy a used top, how scratched will the plastic windows be?

I bought my Bestop from 4Wheel Parts because they (often) have sales or deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
farmboy555
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info. I'm looking for a new soft top and maybe a set of upper door sliders
farmboy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
kdmeyer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got mine on Craigslist. Buy local. Anyway it's too big to ship, plus you want to be able to inspect. Be patient and you'll see some.
Unread 10-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
itasor
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmeyer View Post
I got mine on Craigslist. Buy local. Anyway it's too big to ship, plus you want to be able to inspect. Be patient and you'll see some.
If he just needs the replacement fabric (re-use stock bow hardware), then they aren't too bad to ship.
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.