Recommended Books for Four-Wheelers' & Jeep Enthusiasts. Your Top 3 Picks? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Recommended Books for Four-Wheelers' & Jeep Enthusiasts. Your Top 3 Picks?

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 07-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
TrailRated2011

2011 JK Wrangler 

@Dibeau

I ordered a copy of your book yesterday from Amazon---even after I discovered that there might have been a link between you (the author or publisher).

It's your call, but IMHO it'd be helpful for readers of your testimonial to know that it came from the book's stakeholder.

Your original post came across to me as a customer testimonial.

Am looking forward to reading your work. Thank you for your efforts in clarifying the context behind you and the book. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

follow the general rule of off-roading, "Go as slow as you can, as fast as you must."
I'm on the Web: geres.ca
TrailRated2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
TrailRated2011

2011 JK Wrangler 

Book Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailRated2011 View Post
@Dibeau

I ordered a copy of your book yesterday from Amazon---even after I discovered that there might have been a link between you (the author or publisher).

It's your call, but IMHO it'd be helpful for readers of your testimonial to know that it came from the book's stakeholder.

Your original post came across to me as a customer testimonial.

Am looking forward to reading your work. Thank you for your efforts in clarifying the context behind you and the book. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
My copy arrived today by mail.

It was so much thinner than I had anticipated---first impression for me was it was almost like a booklet or pamphlet in thickness.

When I read it, I discovered that it wasn't about gnarly off-road adventure---instead it was about a wife and husband's longstanding affinity for their Jeep vehicles (e.g. CJs, JK, etc.) enduring many years (dating in college through marriage).

For me, I equate Jeep Wrangler "ultimate fun and freedom" to gnarly off-roading. The author (D.D. Douglas) and her husband shared their personal stories and anecdotes about the Jeeps in their lives over many years and people that they have met along the way.

Would I recommend this book? Yes for it's warm-hearted personal testimonial by longstanding Jeep aficionados---knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their vehicles.

Caution though, it's a quick read, written well, but nonetheless a quick read.
isbn-9781482610321n.jpg  
follow the general rule of off-roading, "Go as slow as you can, as fast as you must."
I'm on the Web: geres.ca

Last edited by TrailRated2011; 07-22-2013 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: Added Title to Post
TrailRated2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.