rear shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > rear shocks

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
03wranglerX-man

rear shocks

Looking for help with replacing my rear shocks. Big job? Special tools required, if any? Recommended options?

03wranglerX-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nope, not really a big job at all. In fact, I did it in the dorm parking lot my freshman year because that was the only place I had. Only issue you could really run into is that the lower bolts supposedly have a tendency to shear/twist the heads off. In which case your stuck extracting the remainder of the bolt. I recommend soaking the bolts in pb blaster a day or two before doing the job, depending on the amount of corrosion.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

the only pain is rusty bolts... soak em in PB blaster for a bit before the job, they should come out. I had to replace mine with new hardware due to destroying a few... but i also have a 99 that was originally from NJ so theres some rust.
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
tjwrangler99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.