rear plate & 3rd brake light ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > rear plate & 3rd brake light ?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

rear plate & 3rd brake light ?

I'm a little thick headed, help me understand the best way to do this. I want to move the license plate to the spare tire and install a replacement 3rd brake light.

The 3rd brake lights I see on most sites look like they just bolt between the plate and the bracket. What are you doing for a bracket and how do you keep it from being a royal pain to pull the spare off?

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
TDIJeep

Not sure this will help but, there are many plate holders with an intergrated plate light and brake light.

They get used on motorcycles im sure there not going ot be a perfect fit but i think with a few mods it would be cheap then making one your self

Lowbro customs has some wicked ones plus these guys provide parts for a variety of uses and are great at working with fabricators.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/

EDIT:
Also if your worried about ease of removal maybe you should consider attaching the tire from the inside leaving the plate permanently mounted on the back

Last edited by TDIJeep; 04-23-2013 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Adding info/opinion
TDIJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Neat idea but wouldn't work for mounting on the spare and then being easy to remove when you had to pull the spare.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.