Rear Coil BB placed on top now stuck? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Rear Coil BB placed on top now stuck?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
STL_WJ
2004 WJ 

Rear Coil BB placed on top now stuck?

The previous owner placed a 2 inch BB on the top of the coil bucket on the rear of a 2004 WJ. Now that I am putting new 6.5 springs on it I can't get the darn BB's to come out. There is a lip on the spring retainer bump stop thing that's keeping the BB from falling out. The reason I want it gone is it Is too much lift. I'll take pics later but does anyone have any experience with wedging one out? I tried to stick a wedge and beat it I tried a BFH and nothing that thing is in there good. All the instructions say it's supposed to be placed on the axle side so I can't find any directions to remove it since it appears to be in the wrong place.

STL_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Take the bumpstop off??
Never worked on a WJ but on the TJs you take the rubber peice out and there is a bolt inside the housing that must be taken out to remove it.
Unread 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

YUP, I don't know WJs either, but on my JKU the rear spring lift/pucks are bolted to the upper spring housing !

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.