raptor spray technique and planning help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > raptor spray technique and planning help

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
06TJwrangler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

raptor spray technique and planning help

hi guys, i just ordered my raptor liner today and im excited about spraying my jeep, i wanted to wait to the summer but am gonna go ahead since i had some extra money and apparently my jeep leaks a little (or alot) around the doors. if you have any input on that lay it on me.

questions:

1. when spraying the liner, when do you remove tap, saran wrap etc? how long do you wait or do you just take it right off.

2. i dont have alot of room so im spray it in my drive way and then roll my jeep into my garage while it cures. how long do you all usually wait before you sit in it? i can just put it in neutral and push it into my garage but sure would be easier to just sit on a milk crate and drive it in there.

3. ive seen ppl talk about the heat that comes thru, i dont plan on putting my carpet back in just some rubber floor mats, so if the heat is worse will it melt my rubber mats or do i need to get some tough mats that arnt rubber?

4. has anyone sprayed plastic with this? id like to put a very thin black coat over on the inside of my hardtop. i ordered a extra bottle of black.

thanks guys, yall are always so helpful to us newbs
and trust me ive all ready used search, so if you find something you were luckier than i our all ready new were it was, ive looked on here for weeks at raptor builds.

Last edited by 06TJwrangler; 09-24-2009 at 07:08 AM..
06TJwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
06TJwrangler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

on the leak, weve been getting a buttload of rain in the southeast, some of you feel my pain. and it just appears to me that it comes down that crease in my door and top like were the seal is and runs down to the bottom and then it builds up and comes in the bottom i assume from seeing water, i thought that it had a place to get buy were the black door protector thing pushes on the seal on the door and makes a lil hole for the rain, well after a couple days of rain i decided id pull on off and see what it did, BAD IDEA. now my passenger door (one i took the black thing off) leaks like a water hose. so needless to say im try get my dealer buddy to give me a black thing cause i kinda broke mine taking it off.

any body else have this leak? its worse on the side of my jeep that is up an incline, were i park is hilly.
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
06TJwrangler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am in the wrong category? Lotta ppl looking but no answers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.